Bill Wright re-activated...

be just my luck if I went down, Bill would show up to pick me up. I notice that he left his attendant with the camera back at the curb. could it be he feels that is the best place for him in a emergency?? so Bill shows up with his rig and #30 cot to find me down on the ground. hope that there are a lot of by standers to help him load me up. then when he get me to the emergency room, it will only take 20 min or so to round up any one that can help unload.
I have been on a few one man runs, the code calls were the hardest.
but I have to say he looks good, smock and all. he did show up I would trust him with my life. of course remember I'm down and out.;)

Bill might also drop you at that abandoned hospital by mistake or on purpose........ depending on how much moaning you do.. :D

One Man runs

be just my luck if I went down, Bill would show up to pick me up. I notice that he left his attendant with the camera back at the curb. could it be he feels that is the best place for him in a emergency?? so Bill shows up with his rig and #30 cot to find me down on the ground. hope that there are a lot of by standers to help him load me up. then when he get me to the emergency room, it will only take 20 min or so to round up any one that can help unload.
I have been on a few one man runs, the code calls were the hardest.
but I have to say he looks good, smock and all. he did show up I would trust him with my life. of course remember I'm down and out.;)

I worked at The Quick Ambulance Service back in The Old Days. When Everybody was Out on a run The Owner would Go driving Down The Street asking People If nThey would Like To make $10 Bucks

Russ

I worked at The Quick Ambulance Service back in The Old Days. When Everybody was Out on a run The Owner would Go driving Down The Street asking People If nThey would Like To make $10 Bucks Russ
When we took the Ambulet back to it's home town in Minnesota in July, they said that, quite often, when they got a call, the owner of the service would drive down to the local cafe (only one in town) and grab any man in the place to run the call with him.

Yes, it had to be a man to lift the cot.....

One of the Summers I worked with my Uncle he was recovering from major hernia repair. One of my first runs I grabbed the top bar instead of the bottom and I'll never forget the look on his face as we struggled to load the patient.:p

Then between gasps he told me I was driving on a Code 3 run to a hospital 40 miles away while he attempted to recover in the back. :p

There I was 16 y/o with a driver lic that was maybe 5 weeks new!!! Upon leaving the Hospital after I received quite an axx chewing he told me were the closest liquor store was...obviously from past knowledge...and he slept the on the way home.

Good memories.

VyseVision

Does Richard always have a video camera on hand? Is it like being a cop? Do you have a large full size camera for when your going to video something and like a smaller one for when your off duty?:D I am always amazed how Richard comes up with so many great videos!:thumbsup:

Does Richard always have a video camera on hand? Is it like being a cop? Do you have a large full size camera for when your going to video something and like a smaller one for when your off duty?:D I am always amazed how Richard comes up with so many great videos!:thumbsup:

I think that Richard carries a camera in a quick-draw ankle holster in case of emergencies. Best to be prepared. You never know when you might be accosted by a vicious photo-op.

Seriously, I'm very glad that Richard is the photo-bug that he is. His pictures have been very helpful to me on more than one occassion. :thumbsup:

I think that Richard carries a camera in a quick-draw ankle holster in case of emergencies. Best to be prepared. You never know when you might be accosted by a vicious photo-op.

Seriously, I'm very glad that Richard is the photo-bug that he is. His pictures have been very helpful to me on more than one occassion. :thumbsup:

Plus, you never know when another turtle might need to be rescued and this way I have proof. :D

Back