Another car show....Another award

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
Took the 86 S&S Lincoln to a car show today that was held at a local Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealer. It was for Ford Motor Company products only. I entered in the SPECIAL INTEREST category and took home a 3rd place award. the other winners were a 39 Ford Anglia street rod and a 1954 Lincoln Capri Mexican Road Race reproduction race car. This makes 2 awards for me so far this summer. I seem to do well at Ford only shows. Next week, ive been invited to a showthat has a "service vehicle" class so we wil see what happens then

Way to go Rick. Sure missed you at the Int'l Meet and "Congratulations" on yet another award for your car. This is what the PCS is all about.

Got pics?

I can only echo Richard's congratulations Rick.

Glad to see you getting your coaches out at every chance that you get and taking home awards to boot!

Yeh, how about a picture or two of what you are winning all of these trophies with? Be nice to see how she's looking.

Chuck.....if i send you a picture of my car can you post it? its not possible for me to post pics off of webtv. Most every weekend in the summer, i can be found at a local car show with my cars. Usually its the hearse but sometimes i take the Mark III. Some weekends, i do 2 shows...both Saturday AND Sunday!.......let me see if this link works. Not sure WHICH show this was taken at but you can see at least what the car looks like. I THINK this was a national meet for the LCOC : http://i134.photobucket.com/album/q120/toddwallen/carshow27.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Good Job! I have been trying to get my Ford into the annual "Ford-Powered" car show at a local dealership but so far have not been able to get the right weekend off work!

carshow27.jpg

Me too!

Congratulations Rick! This past weekend I shared in that same joy you have, when I entered my car in a similar show. It was a Mustang and Ford show, and I also entered the Special Interest class. Due to potentially bad weather, the 75 car turnout expected was actually only about 40 cars. In my class, only one other car showed up, a '90's hotrod Lincoln coupe with an easy $50K+ worth of mods. He won 1st of course, so by default, I took a solid 2nd :D

Yay for default!!

Adam

Congratulations to both Rick and Adam. It is good to see Ford built chassis based vehicles being recognized at mainstream car shows.

Back