69 ambulance fun

Drove 69 caddy hightop ambulance for first time yesterday and she did very well considering been sitting too much over the years. Main issue with car was both exhaust manifolds were leaking very bad, too bad too drive but lucky for me there is a shop within 3 miles of our dealership that has an expert exhaust guy who understands these old cars and can do just about anything. He pulled both manifolds and resurfaced and drilled out the usual broke bolts, installed new muffler, replaced tail pipe for all under $500. You guys know how hard it is to fix these manifolds much less find someone that can do it. I was very pleased with the work and price was fair. Will be driving her home today to see how she makes it on a 20 miles trip.:rolleyes:

He pulled both manifolds and resurfaced and drilled out the usual broke bolts, installed new muffler, replaced tail pipe for all under $500. You guys know how hard it is to fix these manifolds .:rolleyes:

All that for under $500, what a deal. I paid $400 just to have two head bolts replaced and one side exhaust manifold resurfaced and installed. That was on the Lifeliner and spent $275 for a new system on the Criterion. Nice deal Danny.

Back