'62 Cadillac Parts Car W/ Factory Bucket Seats

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024

Someone has removed the factory console, but these are the, very rare, Cadillac optional bucket seats. Oddly enough, I have seen far more of these in 4-door Cadillacs that anything else.

Attachments

• '62 Cadillac.jpg
    '62 Cadillac.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 156
My dad had a 1962 Coupe De Ville, with the bucket seats, but it never had a console. It did have the radio that had a button next to the headlamp dimmer that would change the radio station, and a Guidematic that was always covered by a cloth. I can't remember all the options that the car had, but I do remember that it needed upper control arm bushings quite regularly.

I guess it's possible that the console was an option as well. The console was definitely un-inspiring as far as consoles go. Chrysler was selling a lot of full-sized cars with beautiful bucket seats and consoles in the early and mid-'60s. They never really took off with GM on the full-sized cars in those years, probably because of the poor seat styling.

If this car hadn't bee so bastardized, I might consider buying it, because I always liked the looks of the 1962 Cadillacs. It would also add another storage issue, which I just don't need, so I am putting it out of my mind. I have decided that a few cars are going to be going this year, just haven't decided exactly which ones. The only 2 that are not going are the 1964 Corvair Spyder and the 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air.

Back