39 years ago today...

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
From Jack and Tom Pinner....

Today, 39 years ago (June 21, 1971) Pinner Coach Co. burnt to the ground and never rebuilt. At time of the fire there where 2 1970 Commercial Chassis Cadillac Ambulances in final stage of production and several other vehicle's were burnt beyond recognition. In the sheet metal area a 100 ton press break with a 8" thick bed warped.

Today, 39 years ago (June 21, 1971) Pinner Coach Co. burnt to the ground and never rebuilt. At time of the fire there where 2 1970 Commercial Chassis Cadillac Ambulances in final stage of production and several other vehicle's were burnt beyond recognition. In the sheet metal area a 100 ton press break with a 8" thick bed warped.

Was there ever a determination of what cased the fire?

Is there any written history of the company? Are there any photos of their Cadillac ambulances?

I don't know much about Pinner, but would love to know more. From an old photo I've seen though, I know at least one of their 1970 Cadillac ambulances got completed and put to work. A white over red hightop went to J.H. Ketcham Hose Co. in Dover Plains, NY.

There's a great picture of the car by itself somewhere out there, but these are at least a couple of pictures of it to give you an idea of what it looked like....

(From the Dover FD website)

busa002.jpg

busa070.jpg

Me'z wants those Esso signs and sign post!!!!:toocool::bounce: That photo was prolly made between 1970 and 1973 because Esso became Exxon here in the states in early 1973.:drive2:

Both Jack and Tom will be at the International Meet in Albany, and will be happy to discuss the history of the company with our members. Paul

Pinner Coach Fire

The fire was of questionable origin, no determination was made because of the total destruction.

Tom and I are planning to be at the PCS meet in Albany. We have some old pictures that we are bringing with us. If anyone has any pictures Tom, Ruth, Mary and I would love a copy to add to our archive.

We are looking forward to meeting all of you there.

Jack Pinner
Pinner Coach Company
1958 - June 21, 1971

I don't know much about Pinner, but would love to know more. From an old photo I've seen though, I know at least one of their 1970 Cadillac ambulances got completed and put to work. A white over red hightop went to J.H. Ketcham Hose Co. in Dover Plains, NY.

There's a great picture of the car by itself somewhere out there, but these are at least a couple of pictures of it to give you an idea of what it looked like....

Here's what I have:

(SL collection)

Attachments

• 70 Pinner Dover Plains NY_001.jpg
    70 Pinner Dover Plains NY_001.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 285

Looks like the local GMC dealer was a happy guy!

the car had a set of sequential flashers off a cougar that worked the row of lights on the face of the top. lite up it would really have been something to see

39 years ago today

I made a mistake about year models of Cadillac's in production at time of fire. They were 1971 and not 1970. Did not realize this until post was reread. Will post a picture of the front cap, sitting outside at time of fire, in my album.

Tom

Back