1975 & 1976 Cadillac hood ornaments

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
We sometimes see 75 and 76 Cadillac Ambulances and Funeral Coaches with dual hood ornaments. Is this OEM or was the free standing ornement aftermarket?

Thnaks.

1708445111138.png

Back in the day, I purchased a free standing one at a Cadillac dealership and installed it on my '73 Sedan de Ville. Whether or not any of the coach manufacturers routinely did this on their vehicles would be anyone's guess.

I don't believe the stand up hood ornament was used on the commercial chassis but I know of at least one dealer who often added them and that was Wangler Coach in Warsaw, Indiana. Lec Wangler was known for little additions such as a ash tray mounted on the passenger side door etc. I added a stand up ornament to our 73 limousine. I know its not factory but it sure looks good from the drivers perspective when cruising down the road.image000000 - 2023-08-12T221151.941.jpg

The first time I bought my '73 S&S Victoria in 1988 it had a stand-up hood ornament. Got swiped and I found a replacement fairly easily. Second time I bought it ten years later the hood ornament was gone and I couldn't find one anywhere.

There's a moral to that story somewhere in there.....

Back