1960 Memphian DeSoto

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024

Attachments

• '60 DeSoto Memphian.jpg
    '60 DeSoto Memphian.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 287
Thanks Kurt for posting it. I saw it earlier today weighed the rarity with ability to bring it back to its original bones in its early days. I will defer to our experts. Very cool when you think of the DeSoto lineage.

Thanks Kurt for posting it. I saw it earlier today weighed the rarity with ability to bring it back to its original bones in its early days. I will defer to our experts. Very cool when you think of the DeSoto lineage.

Does not look to bad in pics , its rusty but how bad ? Thanks

Interesting car with potential. I am unable to locate it, is it already sold? If not, can someone provide more info? Price? Contact info?

Not sure where you are seeing the "No Longer Available" Bill. Just click on my link! It is still up.

Still shows up for me ?

Seller's description
Very rare 1960 Desoto Fireflite Memphian ambulance originally from Nebraska. This was built by the Memphis Coach Co. and as far as the information I can find it could be 1 of a kind. If anyone has more history info please PM me.
Car is complete, 38919 miles, V8 condition unknown, Air conditioning, keys and original Desoto dealer owner service certificate.
Very solid unibody car is very good condition, very little rust. Drivers floor has small area and toeboard area. I have pulled brake drums and removed pads to make it a roller and disconnected drive shaft as emergency brake drum is frozen.
I don't have time to restore this car and want it to go to a person that will restore it or make your own 1 of a kind custom like the ghostbuster. No title. Asking $8995 or reasonable offers.
Over 100 photos of car online at ClassicCarRoom.com/classic-cars-for-sale
Located in Cambridge, MN - Call Dave 763..772..five..zero..five..two.

No title. Asking $8995 or reasonable offers.
Over 100 photos of car online at ClassicCarRoom.com/classic-cars-for-sale
Located in Cambridge, MN - Call Dave 763..772..five..zero..five..two.

It is a very interesting car, but not for $8995, especially with no title. A car with no title is nearly impossible here in NJ, our DMV looks at you funny even when you have all of the paperwork and its all correct. Our DMV is a royal pain.

Still shows that way when I click on the link. How much are they asking for it?

I get what Bill got.

The Facebook Marketplace ad is ...........
This Item Isn't Available Anymore
It may have been sold or expired. Take a look at these other items below.

however, it still exists on the other link that was posted by Steve Loftin.

It is an interesting car, and in the right hands, it could be brought back to its previous glory, however, if you have to pay someone else to do the work for you, then it is going to get extremely expensive quickly.
I recently saw a 1960 Chevrolet station wagon completely restored by a fellow that started on the car in March 2020, and it is totally restored today. It was completely disassembled, and reassembled back to like new condition in 6 months.. Pictures below

Attachments

• 1960 wagon A.jpg
    1960 wagon A.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 1960 wagon B.jpeg
    1960 wagon B.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 207
No title in that vintage isn't unusual. NY didn't become a Title State until the 1970s. People who don't know that get strange looks on their faces when they try dealing with pre title cars.

Worst thing about the early unibody is the anchor point for the back end of the torsion bar. Generally in the 70s they were sufficiently rotted to let go at the first pothole they encountered. Even with MIG that anchor is a beast to rebuild.

Back