1949 Fleetwood 75 Limo

This is the best example you'll ever find in the survivor/preservation class for a 1949 Cadillac Limousine. It came in Tyrolean Grey
with Grey Bedford Interior. 75% of the original paint is still on (the other areas have been matched) and is now held on with clear coat.
75% of the original upholstery is there and in good condition, excepting for a new headliner, new leather bench seat for the chauffeur, and
new front carpet. Although 525 examples of this model limousine were made, only about 2% or 3% of those had the manual 3 speed
transmission, meaning that only 10-15 of these vehicles were probably ever manufactured. There are only 9 of this model car listed in
the Cadillac/LaSalle directory, and this is the only manual transmission version known to survive.

Over the last 10 years or so, all pistons and rings were rebuilt, connection rod bearings (not main bearings as it wasn’t needed), heads
reconditioned, valves rebuilt (no springs needed), new timing chain, rebuilt carburetor, rebuilt generator, rebuilt starter, rebuilt the fuel
pump, re-did the radiator and put new hoses on, new heater hoses, detailed engine (with removing), cleaned the oil pan, rebuilt the
entire hydroelectric pump (all cylinders in all doors are new, including the divider window, all hoses replaced, new Dextron II fluid put in).
In 2013 at the Grand Nationals of the Cadillac/La Salle Club, this matching numbers car won 2nd place. It won a 3rd place at the All
GM show in Van Nuys, California in 2014.

I'm the fourth owner and the car is based in Los Angeles, California. I've had the car for about 7 years but the wife is tired of cars in
the driveway and has decreed that this one must leave the garage and the pickup truck must now be parked in the garage in its place.
I have done some additional minor maintenance over the past year or two including a new battery tray, replacement of broken glass
and tail light jewels, new hood springs, running board restoration, fixed horn and reinstalled missing horn parts, some minor rewiring,
steam cleaning of the underside, a vacuum hose replacement, etc.. The car, quite simply, drives like a dream and brings smiles and
thumbs up from everyone who sees it.

You couldn't bring a car to this level for $20,000!

Attachments

• cadillac 1.jpg
    cadillac 1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 114
There’s your professional car, Bill!

There are two problems, 1 Its a stick and Lucille can't drive stick. 2 The price is higher than we are looking to spend, although I think the price itself is realistic for this beautiful car.

What is amazing is the car has not sold yet. The stick shift is a big plus. Not a good one for Bill. A stick and no Power assists. When I was a teenager a friend had one similar except automatic and no division window a real class act for a 17 year old kid. Best part was had had the car till he was past 50. Hope it stays in Ca. and does ot go to some humid area.

Some things done make you scratch your head. Why do half the front seat in a different pattern. Why spot repair the paint but then clear coat the car? Makes on want to see it first before biding.

Yes, I agree with Ed and Pete's observations on the restorative efforts. Somehow, I get the impression though, that this is an honest car with a good seller. Let's see if anyone grabs it, because it sure looks like a lot of car for the money.

It's too bad that the photos are SO bad. You would need to go look at this one. The paint looks awful in his photos. I don't have a problem with just re-upholstering the lower front cushion, but the photos make it look like it was re-done in vinyl instead of leather.

Gotta agree on the vinyl my upholstry guy said he could never understand why people would cheap out with vinyl. He said they were adding nothing to the value of the vehicle and it was the same for him laborwise either way. As far as the paint goes hard to believe it would win shows with lousey paint.

Back