Window marking license

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
Most will know all 69/70 CB Olds had red markings on the rear windows, like 01. With the expertise of Jean-Marc several options were drawn up, that might best go with the car. These are the two finalists. I am one for originality and would favor the all red. Any opinions?Decal V2 03.jpgDecal V2 01.jpg

Thanks all. It shows how doing various pictorial options, and time, gives the correct answer. Again, thanks to Jean-Marc for creating them. I originally thought the red would be too bold on the white/green, and tried several approaches of green as well as silver stripes. In the end, I am always one for originality, and with the above opinions, the red is my vote.
Will post pics with the final result.

Notice that rear view in the flier is a 69. The only difference in the rear is the backup lights. 70s are white

Rick, Steve L. summarizes it well in a post back in April. Here you go:
One of twins* for Geary Co. EMS (Junction City, KS). Later sold to Miltonvale, KS; they traded it in to Stratus Specialty Vehicles in Kansas City, MO. That's where I took the first photo in your post (in April). Stratus sold it to a private service in Chattanooga as a public relations vehicle. From there it ended up in FL (and a prolonged period of sitting in the Florida sun), and then bought by Nick S. in 2014, (when restoration was started).

*I have no idea where her sister ended up

Most will know all 69/70 CB Olds had red markings on the rear windows, like 01. With the expertise of Jean-Marc several options were drawn up, that might best go with the car. These are the two finalists. I am one for originality and would favor the all red. Any opinions?View attachment 49889View attachment 49890
My vote is to definitely go with the OEM colors, as to my knowledge C/B nor any manufacturer ever color coded the window markings to the original color of the car as ordered. Cadillac would occasionally color match wheel covers to the paint color, but I believe that was rare too. Once we got further into the 70s, most ambulances were built with the Omaha orange/cotillion white colors per EMS standards, and any window markings (star of life etc) were usually always blue, to match the official star of life logo.

Who owns this car now? Last I heard, it was owned by Dr. Nick Studer, and Ed was restoring it back to original condition.

Tim Priuer it now resides in Canada. I was puting it pack togather when the shop in Fl stoped working on it for him. Nick sold it to him before we got it shiped to to me.

Back