What is your dream pro-car collection?

My experience has often been that I will end up with what I want simply by paying more money regardless of what the item is I am purchasing.

My guess is that you are either a doctor or a lawyer, but I am leaning toward doctor.... So, which one is it???:confused:

I will put this in terms that you might be able to understand.. If you knew of a location that held buried treasure, would you be disclosing where the buried treasure is located before you had a chance to get to it? I believe that Forest Gump had a saying for this type of situation..............

Why bother even saying anything to anybody, just keep it to oneself! Kids stuff,,,I know something you don't! Gezzzzzzzzzz!

Time for some enlightenment. Since I do have a burgeoning fleet, I can speak of respectively finding or purchasing of specific "treasures".

Well I don’t understand it even though you tried to explain it,

This kind of thinking you shared makes me laugh for a number of reasons besides the fact such behavior comes off to me as a greedy, selfish, and childlike. You know like a child who wants to be the only one with his toys or the elite type who want to hoard and gossip about how they know about a “Secret Treasure” that they are only special enough to possess the information but wont share it.
Or at least that’s how it comes across to me, and I might be out of reality but I look at it like this.
The reality of things are people that own "Secret Treasures" 9 times out of 10 have special attachments to their rigs. Maybe they worked the rig in its time, family owned the company that ran it or have a sentimental attachment that is un-definable. The privilege of being able to view some of these "treasures" in person is unmistakably an honor, no matter their condition.

The respect of people on this board of not touting a location or giving in to requests of a location is a great thing. It protects the people that own such "treasures" from being hounded to sell. Not every person is respectful of being told no, hence your fine example here.

I would be furked if I had something hidden away for any reason and a guest spouted off my location and then I have calls, drop by's and just pure ignorant idiots trespassing to get pictures. Maybe I don't want anyone to see a pre-restored "treasure". Not to mention the little known thefts of small specific parts that are worth $$$$. A few of us multiple coach owning people have to worry about.

• [*]If the cars really do exist then someone already owns them so they are taken at this time.
    More than likely they are ALL owned if they are a small production number. Many ambulances, no matter the rarity, were scrapped at end of service.
    [*]If there are people who do know about these “Special” cars and haven’t been able to step up to the plate and acquire them, then maybe these people don’t have deep enough pockets or maybe they don’t possess the proper “mojo” to acquire these magical vehicles. Everything is for sale at the right price.
    This I do know really well. "Everything is for sale at the right price" , you are so very wrong on this. Refer back to "Secret Treasures", money don't buy love, to forget memories or respect. I have extremely deep pockets, the material and practical means to do anything with a procar and the logistics to move anything from anywhere. No matter your "Mojo",you will not make it far with old greedy yard owners with mental, alcohol or heavy firearm hoarding issues. If you can counter this, I have a couple I would pay good money just to watch the show.

If everything is for sale, what would it cost for someone's family and lifestyle to be bought? I don't think you can "buy" core aspects of a mans life and passions.

[*]And last but not least we should always remember we are only custodians and guardians (no pun intended) of these collectible vehicles as we are mortal and we cannot take them with us when we die. They will all eventually be passed on to new owners in time. Therefore I remain humble and appreciate them but I do not allow any of my possession to define me or who I am. My possessions will never own me.
Very wise personal advice that should be heeded. As I heed it awaiting a certain Eureka High Boy. lol However, bringing a material item back to life with your own hands does in a sense define you and your passions.
____
To simply say “John Sullivan in Liberal Kansas has a 1964 Guardian in his barn but refuses to sell it or even show it to others” is not divulging a national secret of buried treasure. After all John Sullivan already has and owns that treasure so why be envious of him for being the guardian of the guardian at this time? Oh that’s right so you can be the first in line to try to buy it when it comes up for sale. That kind of goes back to what I was getting at in the opening.

I’d like for John Sullivan to share images or information with us about his vehicle and then I could appreciate the vehicle more but I would never consider John Sullivan to be a better person than me simply because he owned something that I really liked and appreciated, but didn’t own myself. Does owning it “complete” who he is as a person? I think not, but maybe in his small world (small mind) it does.
Its his car and on his property. (ie: his world) " Oh that’s right so you can be the first in line to try to buy it when it comes up for sale." As I know, when I ever kick off, anything material to me will be up to be on the chopping block. Those that have been close to me and been helpful as friends will have the first chances at what they would like in my collections. This site has several of those friendships and thus why I like it here.

Let me add

I look up to and respect collectors like Matt Garret as he understands he is only a guardian of the vehicles that he has in his possession, he doesn’t try to hoard them or covet them. The cars do not make him who he is nor does he allow them to define him as a person. If he knows where super rare gem of an auto is he will tell you where it’s located and even help you get in touch with the owner.

People like Matt and his outlook are what Car collecting should be all about IMHO

Read his web site and how he describes the vehicles, himself and his approach to car collecting. Not to mention look at how many super rare cars he owns that have very low mileage and then how often he trades or sells them to other collectors.

He puts "class" into classy car collecting and I try to take always take notes out of his play book

http://www.mcsmk8.com/cadillacs/mycads.htm
I will try to sum this all up, Matt Garret is a muti-make car collector that is in a market that is flooded with "standard" automobiles. The PCS and those of the like are about "specialty duty" automobiles that are dominated by hand craftsmanship. We are a unique breed of people and personalities. We do have BIG passion for what we do and collect.

Until you have owned a couple of the autos that this group is about and know them well its not your place to rant and assume people are childish. We guard each others contact information here, yes. Why? It's easy, this group is not about those that just want a hearse or classic ambulance because "I just think it would be cool to own one" and have the potential that the coach that needs to preserved be just junked a couple years later because interest was lost. I for one would not give out contact info on a coach of rarity just on this simple premise.

If you have to look up to a person that is not much better than the "American Pickers", you need to do some soul searching. In my profession we cannot stand wanna be "Pickers" and do some fun stuff to block them from their weekend warrior goals. Matt is a classic car flipper (dealer), thus no respect from me for his fake guardianship.

BTW, how many coaches have you currently own or or have owned? I reeaallyy hope you are not a groupie or wanna be.

Seriously you are getting off to bad start here man. IMHO

ok ..back to the orginal question on here ! lol...........

My top 5 would be.........

1933-34 Eureka Carved Panel "beavertail" Town Car

1954 Eureka Cadillac Electric 3-way Landau

1955 S&S Superline Knickerbocker Limousine style

1985 Eureka Cadillac Concours Town car

1971 S&S Medic Mark l Cadillac Ambulance

This self professed behavior you're so proud of reveals more about the type of person you are than anything else you said.

Type of person? LmFaO!! :applause: What "type" would that be Sir? I would love to be analyzed!

You couldn't pin the tail on this donkey with no blindfold and roadmap to my rear. Must be bad to have a lifetime of wonder why you don't have the things that you want.

Advice kid,
Even with a mountain money, you can't buy your way through life with a toilet of a personality.

Now please go troll other boards with something more specific to your Tonka collection. ;)

Here are my top 5:

'55 S&S Superline Knickerbocker
'55 S&S Superline Victoria
'60 Superior Royale Landaulet w/o rear 1/4 windows
'65 Superior Pontiac Landaulet w/o rear 1/4 windows
'65 Superior Pontiac Embassy limo

Back