check this yard out

This poor '61 Superior Royale limo style endloader will most likely never see the road again. Although there is a matching front clip on the '61 limo about 1000' away, the likelihood of them coming together is....well, a buyer would have to be pretty hard up to have this exact style.

dsc00271pa.jpg

dsc00272g.jpg

What is left is not a rotted carcass. Isn't saying much really. Wedged into a corner, better shots weren't possible.

dsc00273tw.jpg

dsc00270kp.jpg

Didn't bother inquiring about price.

dsc00275l.jpg

There are dozens of good parts left though - like the corner windows and Superior moldings, which should interchange with '62. Somehow neglected to take a picture of the 1 year only rear bumper. Sorry.

dsc00274a.jpg

dsc00262n.jpg

Distinct mixed feeling here. Once the initial rage wore down, I realized this Superior conversion wasn't in terrible shape. Actually getting over the hump to appreciate it for what it is though isn't easy, admittedly.

dsc00269ls.jpg

This was actually used up until the late-'90s. After raping the headlight surrounds that were perfect, the owner decided to not take any more parts off. Wouldn't take much to get it going again.

dsc00264l.jpg

dsc00265ff.jpg

dsc00266u.jpg

Keys still in the ignition.

dsc00267w.jpg

Actually stood in the camper to soak in the ambiance. Again it wasn't until later that I realized the camera didn't leave my pocket. I thought pictures had been snapped of the wood-grained decor.

dsc00268rn.jpg

'58 Chevy taillights are a nice period touch.

dsc00382m.jpg

'67 S&S Victoria endloader.

dsc00392g.jpg

Missing some important items; drivetrain and gas tank. Windshield is broken too.

dsc00386ig.jpg

Rear bumper full of dings/dents. Front bumper/bumper ends/grill perfect. This coach isn't rotted. There wasn't rot found under where the vinyl top used to be either, although the poorly leaded seems between panels are now readily visible.

dsc00391r.jpg

The ideal home for this would be someone who has a rotted '65-'68 S&S to use as a donor.

Does anybody else only get one-inch strips for pictures? I can't get any of these pages to load completely. Rest of the internet is working fine for me...

Guess Imageshack is acting up.

Pictures have been uploaded to an album there. Should help if not loading properly here. Apologies for the glitch.

And yes - I'm uploading many limos currently!

Had been looking forward to seeing this '58 limo. I knew beforehand that the rear frame had some rust; the worst issue. By the time I finally arrived, this car had also sold - part of a 3 car deal along with a '55 convertible and an Eldorado coupe. Glad I got to see this '58 before a transporter carried it off out of state.

dsc00146gn.jpg

dsc00147if.jpg

It sold cheap. Another one already went to Finland.

dsc00148vn.jpg

dsc00232p.jpg

This '61 parts limo is still loaded with quality items. Who needs a '59-'64 commercial windshield??? Front clip is interchangeable with '62 procars as well, although trim holes are different.

dsc00235x.jpg

This '61 limo is in really good shape!

dsc00310en.jpg

Perfect candidate for a detailing.

dsc00314rd.jpg

Owner says it runs perfectly. Passenger front tire won't hold air. Swap tire with another on property and drive it home - anywhere in the US. Sounded like a bit of a stretch so I called the owner out. Heh. His response?

"Well, if you don't mind stopping with the emergency brake. The car will make it!"

dsc00315b.jpg

dsc00321r.jpg

Mike or Danny...it is whispering to you.

This '61 limo is in really good shape!

dsc00310en.jpg

Perfect candidate for a detailing.

dsc00314rd.jpg

Owner says it runs perfectly. Passenger front tire won't hold air. Swap tire with another on property and drive it home - anywhere in the US. Sounded like a bit of a stretch so I called the owner out. Heh. His response?

"Well, if you don't mind stopping with the emergency brake. The car will make it!"

dsc00315b.jpg

dsc00321r.jpg

Mike or Danny...it is whispering to you.

I love it! I can't get over how much stuff you find, do you never sleep? My step son is moving in a few weeks to Tyler Tx so maybe he can help me get some of these sweet rides.

Raise your hand if you're enjoying IDing schtuff in the background of all these pics too. An eagle eye may catch a glimpse of a '59 Eldorado Brougham. Yes - you read that correctly.

Here is another sweet original limo, from '63. Spent its entire life in Lubbock, TX from new.

dsc00157hu.jpg

Runs beautifully - although the alternator bearing are dry and whirl. How is this not begging for a more deserving home? The lower bumper ends are *perfect*. Anyone that has owned a '63-'64 knows how weighted that statement is!

dsc00158dn.jpg

This '72 limo is one of a very few non-fin cars. It came as part of a multi-car purchase a couple years ago.

dsc00444lj.jpg

Really pretty decent shape. Like most, it would benefit from a detailing. Hardcore.

dsc00445ve.jpg

This one is the cheapest of the remaining limos.

dsc00446q.jpg

Love the black brocade interior.

dsc00447s.jpg

One of the purposes of the roadtrip was to score a set of '57 fins reasonably. Doing grunt work? Not a problem.

dsc00211v.jpg

Not intending to gloat. Rather, I somehow neglected while experiencing sensory overload for 2 days there to look at/snap pics of the black '62 limo under cover behind me. This is the best I can currently do.

dsc00219mc.jpg

My own friggin' camera betrayed me by adding 15 pounds. Ha.

Learn something new every day. That explains the higher roof and side body door above the waistline. Who honestly can admit to knowing Miller built military ambulances???

This is where Steve Lichtman will chime in, furthering my education. Thanks in advance for helping me grow.
Steve chiming in. See, you do learn something new every day! I do. Various coachbuilders had military ambulance contracts in different years, even including Henney!

The camera added 15 pounds to.....the car???

Ready for some fun shots?

dsc00443oh.jpg

dsc00077or.jpg

dsc00075u.jpg

dsc00121yy.jpg

ANYONE looking for parts or a non-procar project from '48-'64 should drop me a note. I'll let you know specifically what is there. '48-'49 Sedanettes? Around 14, mainly Series 62. Cadillac Coupe DeVilles from '55-57? About 10 builders. Convertibles? '48, '49, '55, '60, '61, '63, & '64 Cadillac - '53 Buick Skylarks - '60 LeSabre - '59 Lincoln Mk 4s... Couple dozen Chryslers from '57-'61 too, mostly good solid builders. Throw in about 20 '50s Buicks. You're starting to get an idea.

BONUS!

To keep this post procar related, here is a little story and a lead.

In '02 or '03, the owner of all these cars sold a '59 Superior Crown Royale Landaulet to a FD named George Christie (sic) in Houston, TX. This white coach was all original, having clicked a mere 26k miles. An uncle or grandfather of the person he purchased it from (in another multi-car deal) bought the Superior new. That person grew up working at the family funeral home, then later went on to purchase his own, and bought the '59. He owned it about 20 years, using it for special services periodically, and only put 2-3k miles on it during ownership.

George Christie went on to paint the top behind the crown black. He fell out of contact a few years back. Has this coach shown with the PCS? Or at the very least, are you familiar with this Crown, Brady?

Returning to this wonderful stash Tuesday, June 8. Already have a significant parts list from a couple non-procar sites. Who here is in need???

Calling for 102 degrees, yet exuberance overrides temperature. Plus I'm able to take more pictures. :smileTEXAS:

Is the '59 Eldo Brougham even remotely salvageable? Since there were only 99 of those ( plus the one that sank, of course, ) that would be a prize to "bring back," but would cost a bloody fortune to do so. The '59 and '60 EB's are a world unto themselves, much as the Duesenbergs are: horribly expensive when new, all coach-built, very rare, and full of more quirks than a convention of Pro Car people. Quite a yard full of iron you found there.

'61 in the rain after driving it around a couple days ago.

dsc01629ji.jpg

PCS member Nicholas Yassan flew in and cherry picked parts.

dsc01627qp.jpg

Here he is packing them into the new acquisition. Look at those 9' long commercial chassis rocker stainless pieces he snagged!

dsc01628k.jpg

Really had a blast with his visit. More of you should consider it. I'm next returning on July 19 for another parts run.

Back