Average cost of a new hearse $94K to $108K?

All the same

I see they cut corners on this one. It does not have the beefed up wheels, so most likely the suspension is not either so it will not last as long. I wonder what else they cut corners on, after all it is a Federal.

The S&S Masterpiece is built on the same chassis. Cadillac quit building the B9Q (8-lug wheels) chassis about 10 months ago. Since then all hearses have been built on the livery W29 chassis.

I would imagine the quality of the Federal coaches has improved a bit now that they're built at the Amelia factory.

There's a big rental outfit a few miles from our office; they have while vehicles so I usually can ID one of their fleet at a funeral.
They also have an exhaust stack on the rear of the garage; no doubt it is the local cremation retort. I think a couple of the funeral establishments in the area set this business up.

Here is an interesting piece from my collection on the 1993 Superior Cadillac rear wheel drive Sovereign commercial glass hearses from the 1992/1993 Superior dealers sales binder. Going by this price list our FH's 93 Superior Crown Sovereign would have cost $67,201.00 going by the options our car has from this list. This is of course before dealership mark ups, commissions, taxes, fee's etc.

Attachments

• 93 Superior price list..jpg
    93 Superior price list..jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 170
Factory invoice

Here is an interesting piece from my collection on the 1993 Superior Cadillac rear wheel drive Sovereign commercial glass hearses from the 1992/1993 Superior dealers sales binder. Going by this price list our FH's 93 Superior Crown Sovereign would have cost $67,201.00 going by the options our car has from this list. This is of course before dealership mark ups, commissions, taxes, fee's etc.

It appears to be a MSRP list. Factory invoice on this model must have been in the $50K range.

It appears to be a MSRP list. Factory invoice on this model must have been in the $50K range.

Im curious, Mr. Blair as to what your background / experience is in the world of Professional cars. You appear to be knowledgeable when it comes to spy photos & future offerings but as to the "history" and actual costs, the knowledge level hasnt quite reached the same level.

What is a "Jewish floor?"

Refer to the "Green Funerals" thread that was active here awhile ago. If memory serves me correcetly somebody (Paul, I believe) stated that a segment of the Jewish faith is buried in some sort of "slatted-open-bottomed" casket to "speed the natural processes along".

Corrections always welcomed.

Experience

Im curious, Mr. Blair as to what your background / experience is in the world of Professional cars. You appear to be knowledgeable when it comes to spy photos & future offerings but as to the "history" and actual costs, the knowledge level hasnt quite reached the same level.

My experience with pro cars is rather limited. I worked for an ambulance service back in the 70's. They had a few pro cars they used as spares. Their fleet was mostly van-based.

You state the obvious. It's very doubtful anyone in this forum would point to me as being a person who has expertise regarding the history of pro cars.

Back