A question on the international meet hotel

Hey all,

Have a question about the hotel for this coming June. The quoted rate of $157, was that for certain room configurations (King, double Queen, etc) or should that rate cover any “regular” room.

I am just trying to gather information here, and I only ask because I just tried to book a double bed room and was told the price would be considerably more than the $157.

Again, just double checking to make sure that I’m going into the reservation process with the most information than I can have when I call them.

Thanks for any information that can be provided.

All,

The room rate is for a room with a bed (queen IIRC) and fold-out sofabed. When we made the reservations, I was told they didn't have two-bed rooms. But a queen and a sofabed would accomplish the same thing. And the sofabed is supposed to be comfortable.

After reviewing the costs for the hotel and the associated costs of me driving from Seattle to Pennsylvania & back to Seattle and the approximate 3 week duration of the trip, Im going to have to bow out of this years meet. its just too costly for me.

All,

The room rate is for a room with a bed (queen IIRC) and fold-out sofabed. When we made the reservations, I was told they didn't have two-bed rooms. But a queen and a sofabed would accomplish the same thing. And the sofabed is supposed to be comfortable.
Thanks Steve.

We can work with the single bed and sleeper sofa. I just wanted to double check and see what the actual agreement was before I called them back and debated something that I wasn’t sure of.

I had asked for two double beds or two queen beds. I was told that the negotiated rate was only for a single King bed but I could get a double Queen if I wanted, but it would be more expensive. A double Queen room was quoted to me at $169 for Mon and Tues, $179 for Weds and Thurs, $299 for Fri, and $289 for Saturday night.

I’ll give them a call back and get my room reserved.

After reviewing the costs for the hotel and the associated costs of me driving from Seattle to Pennsylvania & back to Seattle and the approximate 3 week duration of the trip, Im going to have to bow out of this years meet. its just too costly for me.
That's unfortunate Rick, but understandable.
I was looking forward to seeing you and the coach.

think about it Rick . you come to my house I'll ride with you and we can share expenses. long day to me over nigh to pa a week there then back.

Looks like I can make this happen after all. I'll be joining up with Ed Renstrom on the way to Pennsylvania and we will carpool to the meet. the plan is to bring MY car unless something prevents that from happening; otherwise we will take one of Eds

Why don't you put your car onto Ed's trailer and tow it to the meet? That way you don't have to worry about breaking down on the way.

Why don't you put your car onto Ed's trailer and tow it to the meet? That way you don't have to worry about breaking down on the way.
might be too long for his trailer. gas expense would be higher. Car currently only has 10k miles on it so chance of a breakdown is minimal. If Ed & I split expenses, it will work

Back