2024 PCS Election

Gene Smith

PCS Life Member
The nomination period for 1) President of the Professional Car Society and 2) Two open positions on the Board of Directors, has been open since December 1, 2023. To date, no nominations have been received. Per PCS bylaws, no position can run unopposed, therefore I need two nominations for President and three nominations for the Board of Directors. Please submit your nomination to:

gssmith@embarqmail.com

Thanks,
Gene Smith - Election Chair

Wonder were all the people that knew what should be done are? Still willing to indorse anyone that wants to step up. If that is what is holding you back.

Thanks Gene. Can you please share what the bylaws state if there are no/only one nomination for President? thank you.
I am answering the question since it hasn't been replied to by the Elections Chair.
There is no provision for only one candidate for President. There was only one time that a Presidential candidate ran unopposed. That is the reason for the bylaws to have been changed to require 2 candidates for President and a minimum of 3 candidates for the two retiring Elected Directors.

I am answering the question since it hasn't been replied to by the Elections Chair.
There is no provision for only one candidate for President. There was only one time that a Presidential candidate ran unopposed. That is the reason for the bylaws to have been changed to require 2 candidates for President and a minimum of 3 candidates for the two retiring Elected Directors.
but what happens if no one steps up to be a candidate?

Back