2011 International Meet attendee poll / question

I really like the idea of Get Low being played if at all possible !!!

I never check movie listings here in Toronto as I rarely ever go to movies
but I'm sure Get Low never made it to Toronto.

I haven't seen it and would like to !

No idea how much it costs a movie theater to get a movie in (for one showing or a few at most) but I can't see them turning down such a great concept as having Bills car at THEIR theater with them playing the movie the car starred in along with another 50 procars.
I'm sure they would be for it as they have had the Ohio Chapter there for meets for years now.

This is "positive posting" hoping for the best !!!

If it comes down to cost, that maybe the make or break of it.
Say we had 50 cars paying 16.00 - that's only 800.00
Not sure what the movie cost to bring to the theater.

Maybe Mike can help us figure it out as he owned a theater and would know first hand or give Sarah some tips on presenting all this !

BIG THANKS GO TO SARAH FOR ALL THIS WORK ON JUST THIS ONE PART OF THE GREAT TIME WE WILL ALL HAVE IN OHIO !!!

Its people like her that make things happen.

Woohoooo,
Darren

The Theater should be able to rent the movie very reasonably by the time the meet gets here. They can probably rent it on flat rate for around $300.00 and not pay a percentage of the ticket reciepts. THIS IS JUST A GUESS from experience. The movie companies are very erratic and moody to say the least.

I watched the movie last night, and it was excellent. It's one of those you should watch 5 or 6 times to get it all. I think it would be great to show it then.

Thanks,
Mike

Brendan will be sure to get there either in or driving one of mine for sure and the boys of course. Jen and the baby too if she wants.:wowguy:

Thanks Ron, it should be a good time. As far as Jen and the baby I guess it depends on how late the movie goes. I guess the baby can sleep in the car.

Thanks Ron, it should be a good time. As far as Jen and the baby I guess it depends on how late the movie goes. I guess the baby can sleep in the car.
The movies will go LATE - especially if you stay for both of them. The theater can't start the movies until it's dark enough outside. There's a reason why we incorporated a few hours for dinner and a nap after the board meeting that day. A nap before the drive-in is definitely a good thing.

My thinking

My thinking is there is a bed in the car. Blankets anything you could imagine.

Truck Bed

There's a good chance I'd drive my F350 to the Movie - But I'll have some magnetic lights on it for the show.

at the drive in

Sarah,
I plan on going to the drive in. I plan to be driving my 61 M-M. Right now it will just be me in the coach. With a full width front seat and 2 attendants seats the 61 can seat 5 of us. Riders are welcome. Oh yeah, one on the gurney. Get Low is good for me.
Mike

Last edited:
Sarah,
Oh yeah, one on the gurney. Get Low is good for me.
Mike

You have to remember the gurney, they make excellent lounge chairs. I have done it before.

Remember guys, no matter what the movie is, just the experiance of the drive in would be worth going, they are such a dying part of history, at least in Iowa.

So True

You have to remember the gurney, they make excellent lounge chairs. I have done it before.

Remember guys, no matter what the movie is, just the experiance of the drive in would be worth going, they are such a dying part of history, at least in Iowa.

Growing up here the Drive In was everywhere. We had Mid-City, The Giant, Route 62 to just name a few. Now we have this one and it is the only one I know in this area.:specool:

Growing up here the Drive In was everywhere. We had Mid-City, The Giant, Route 62 to just name a few. Now we have this one and it is the only one I know in this area.:specool:

You never grew up, and when you went to the drive it, it wasn't to watch the movie!!!!!!!:clubem:

yes

Jeff and I will attend the drive-in movie in our daily driver, and we'll bring with us anyone who wants to sit in the back seat of a 2003 Subaru Forester. :)

Back