1971 Olds ambulance

I would go for it in a hart beat. the 48s will fit in a normal garage with ease. and from the pictures the hard stuff is still there . sorry they had to cut up the radio blank for the after market thing but that leaves you and me looking for one.

Nice Score and nice save Mike !
bet your neighbor's looked out their windows and said....WHAT THE HELL is mike doing now ??

Mike,
Take it back to its original colors. It will be the cheapest way to go(with the door jambs and fire wall still original) and you will be glad that you did in the long run. You like unusual color schemes, right? Don't let anyone talk you into red or Omaha Orange!

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice , guys. Finished for the day and she's 90% Ghostbuster-free. Rear passenger wheel cylinder is leaking. Rear door window is plexi. Found more rust and other more minor issues that I'll get to when I get her home ( by trailer). I prayed she cleared the carport to be out of the elements.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 244
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 244
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 245
Mike, it already looks great! You have a great ambulance there, I wish I would have been smart enough to buy it. These 455 Oldsmobiles run great! Remember that Cathy Matea song from about fifteen years ago, entitled 455 Rocket?

I also have everything you need for that one. including the right olds wheel covers. nope got to back that up a little mine are 72 there gray the 71 would have the black paint on them.

Well done Mike. You have a great, almost complete car. Shouldn't take much to get back into shape.

I agree with the others...pls keep us posted on the progress!

looks much better!! I doubt it but any chance they spent the money and had the Ecto siren sound put on it? If so I may be interested in that.

looks much better!! I doubt it but any chance they spent the money and had the Ecto siren sound put on it? If so I may be interested in that.

John, those 2 "air horn" looking things MAY be the Ecto siren, or they could be air horns fed through an alternatning valve which would come very close to the Ecto sound. Don't know if that helps or not.

John, those 2 "air horn" looking things MAY be the Ecto siren, or they could be air horns fed through an alternatning valve which would come very close to the Ecto sound. Don't know if that helps or not.

No, Im talking about the electronic one that would sound exactly like the one in the movie, alternating horns would just make a high low sound. I know its available, but you have to buy all the components separate, I would rather find one that is complete.

Last edited:
Mike, You really do have a nice rig. So much nicer without all the GB junk.I really do like the Oldsmobiles. I almost bought one several years ago and probably would have it it had been as nice as this one. when I was a kid, our local FD ran a 69 or 70 Olds. (Coventry Twp./Portage Lakes Oh) Don't know what happened to it, but I think it was one of the reasons I became involved in EMS. Best of success in your restoration.:applause:

and the nice thing about this is...Mike can do just little things and get her back on the road and enjoy her while looking for parts and such and still be a decent looking rig going to shows and club events.

Like with my 78 Horton I will be driving her this coming spring enjoying her every minute

Nice score Mike

Back