Will it be done in time?

...for Flint? Only time will tell. After 7 years of work and 18 years since I bought it, I hope so.

Today:

Attachments

• 0729090946b.jpg
    0729090946b.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 137
Steve you b*st@rd! You have been holding out on me! That is gorgeous! I hope you get it in time for Flint! You son of a b!@t#$! I suppose you could save yourself some money and just have the trophy sent to you.:D

Oh Steve, I wish I could be in Flint when you unload that puppy! I remember when you had that car at the Meet back in '97, I couldn't wait to see it done. Best of luck with it!

I am in the same boat. Went to have the Chrysler aligned, and one part replaced, only to find out that the front end is totally worn out. Hunting down replacement parts today. A year ago, everything was tight. Since the car had sat so long, the ball joints had rusted, and this past summers driving has torn them up. Got the ball joints, but still need the elusive bushings for the lower control arms. Seems that all the old rubber is failing and needs to be replaced. This will cancel out my making it to the Carnation Meet, but I should be on schedule for Flint, but my pockets will be grossly lighter... :mad:

Paul, I guess you tried them, but Kanter's has some pretty obscure parts. Good luck!

Don't get your hopes up, it still isn't done - maybe, maybe not! Just wanted to share some suspense (there's more suspense than I can handle!)

Steve: VERY NICE!!! Is the color combination from when it was first in service? ..... with whom? MM
No, it was originally a USAF ambulance and painted AF blue. Later, it was run by Etchison Funeral Home in Frederick, MD and remained blue in service there.

There was little left of it when I got it, and the folks that are the successors to Etchison are not interested in the car, so I decided to "do my own thing". This is the color scheme from the ads.

Attachments

• ad 53HenneyPostcard1.jpg
    ad 53HenneyPostcard1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 92
That is a very sharp looking car. Heck, even if it isn't finished, bring it to Flint for all of us to drool over. I was told that drool helps to give a new paint job a very special patina...

a twin or...

Steve,
A twin or very close relative of that Packard was close to home here last year. No one had any info. Just that it was parked on the lot and no one lhad said use it for parts, restore it, or anything else. Guess I should go back and see if it is still there. Maybe by now they KNOW something. All we knew last year was that it too was an Air Force ambulance at one time.
Mike

Wow, I certainly hope you can bring that beauty to Flint, Steve! That's one of the great things about the IM's-the "surprise" arrivals. I'm sure some of ya'll remember that '58 Buick National ambulance that appeared after the banquet in Lancaster '99.

The answer is.............

NO!
:(

I went up there today. It has no front seat yet, and it hasn't been started yet at all, so we don't actually know if it runs, stops, leaks, stalls, etc.

So, the '60 Flxible Buick is loaded on the trailer, ready to roll. You'll be seeing that in Flint. We are on the way tomorrow morning.

It's like the Redskins..... "Maybe next year!"

Nothing wrong with some last minute fixin' up at the meet.

Sorry that it won't be making the trip. Either way, I know that you will have one of your ever expanding fleet in attendance. Have a safe trip and we will see you there!

Back