Wanted: Body Panels

Not even sure these are available but I would be interested in lower body panels for my 73 Lifeliner. I need both front fenders and all doors.
This would certainly help my body guy in completing my project.
What panels from a 73 Cadillac will work? For instance, are the front doors the same as a regular 73 Cadillac?

Thoughts Ed...

Richard

hinsb@msn.com

fenders can"t be that bad they need replacing' no one makes patch panels for these car. so the shop will have to make them there selves. use some 18 gage steel and bend them to fit. cut and splice. we do it with a old vice on the wood stove and the door on a saw horse. don't know how to work with all that modern stuff.

fenders can"t be that bad they need replacing' no one makes patch panels for these car. so the shop will have to make them there selves. use some 18 gage steel and bend them to fit. cut and splice. we do it with a old vice on the wood stove and the door on a saw horse. don't know how to work with all that modern stuff.

Thanks Ed. He thought maybe there were patch panels out there and said it would be easier than to cut and rebuild it. Guess he'll have his work cut out for him.

:thankyou2:

I can call my friend in GA with a 73 caddy that is being scrapped soon if you want? I just pulled the hood and lights and a few other things off the car before it was going to be scrapped. It still has the fenders inside the car which I pulled for the wheel wells. The doors are different than my 73 but only from the window up and of course the rear doors. The skin might be transplantable?

img0226largesmall.jpg

fenders would be all that will go on. as for finding doors that are not rusty that would be in it's self a miracle. once you strip them off the chances are they is some rust coming threw. or it will 6 months down the road. the doors are car builders only as are the quarter panels. factory stuff will not fit. even if you use it your still going to have to cut and splice the quarters and the doors will be way to short. your much better off the repair what you got. do it right then not have to worry about it for another 10 years or so.

Back