Wanted: 90-92 Cadillac Brougham Parts

Saul A Rohrer

PCS Member
Hello all,
I am searching for parts for my '91 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Brougham. Specifically, I need a driver side headlight, a passenger side door lock mechanism (not sure if this is the correct terminology, will post a pic of exactly what I mean), a passenger side rear bumper reflector, and a Miller-Meteor chrome trim piece for the driver side C-pillar (I'm including a picture of the trim piece from the passenger side, need to find a match.)20210625_153956.jpg20210625_154029.jpg20210625_154034.jpg20210710_122129.jpg20210710_122156.jpg

what is wrong with the latch that a good cleaning andre lub will not fix?
I wish that was all it needed. That little piece there on the right should be attached to the rest of it, it just snapped off. And since this is not metal that can be welded, I need to replace the whole thing. For now, my talented mechanic friend managed to stick it back together using a combination of washers, JB Weld, and pure stubbornness. It's enough that I can close the door, even lock it with a key, but this is a temporary fix.20210625_153956.jpg

I was wondering on that. One might suspect that the latch is a standard Cadillac part. What went on to it. The lock rod? The plastic filler for that year may be gotten new. I'm not sure if it is CC only or standard for that year. You might try carid.com or Rockauto for it and the latch.

That looks like a cadmium plated stamped steel part, and it can be welded, if that is the case. The plating will burn off as soon as the welding rod hits it.

As far as we know, it's galvanized steel, and not worth the risk of toxic poisoning involved with welding it.

I've looked on rockauto.com, carid.com, partsgeek.com, carparts.com, etc.; you name it, I've probably searched it. It's tough out here trying to find parts for 30 year old cars, even if they are standard Cadillac parts. I'm sure it's even tougher for older hearses, so I'm not trying to complain too much about that.
I have found a '90 Caddy limo I'm thinking of buying as a parts car. It's located 350 miles away, so I'm still mulling it over.

Back