Tell me a Federal Q doesn't clear traffic!!!

Abe Bush

PCS Member
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A B & M Super Chief can be heard farther away, has higher decibels, and draws less current. Unlike the Federal Q which is manufactured today in China, and most parts to repair it are not readily available. The B & M is manufactured in the United States, with parts manufactured in the United States, and is repairable. All the new units come with epoxy coatings to protect it from salt spray. A unit manufactured in the 1950's can still be rebuilt today.

I had never ran a "Q" until around 1970. I got one from a Federal rep (I was a Federal dealer) that wanted to know why I was running a Sireno ED-10. I told him I didn't have the money, so he sent me one very, very reasonably. I replaced the Sireno with the "Q". On the first run I knew it was a mistake. The two sirens a very similar, but the ED-10 is just a bit lower in pitch and reaches places a "Q" can't seem to touch. I have recently re-purchased that '67 Olds back and the Sireno will be replacing the "Q" during the restoration.

Back