Stuff Needed

As I work on my checklist for equipment to include in my 68 meteor I am looking for adult and child thomas half ring splints and especially a split apart canvas pole stretcher. They couldn't all have been thrown out. Anyone?

Richard, what you have there is a variation of a Reeves stretcher.

I've never seen a split apart canvas stretcher that Clark is looking for. Clark...are looking for a folding canvas stretcher (usually called a Furley stretcher).

I've never seen a split apart canvas stretcher that Clark is looking for. Clark...are looking for a folding canvas stretcher (usually called a Furley stretcher).

I have a military green canvas stretcher in the Lifeliner but have never had it down. Let us know Clark.

If there is an interest in this one I'd be more than happy to bring it to Hudson for you.

:893USA-Smilie-thumb

I've seen pictures of the one he's looking for, but I don't remember ever seeing one in person. What he's looking for has a zipper, right down the middle, from head to foot. It's sort of the forerunner to the scoop stretcher I think.

Pole Stretcher

Perhaps the stretcher that I am seeking was unique to the Northeast. It was patented by Tom Flanagan in the early 1930s and used at least through the 80s They had two easily removable poles with the canvas being held together in the center by a piece of spring steel covered with the same material. This allowed full movement of the head of the cot after the poles were pulled and a means to move the patient to the hospital bed, then retrieve your canvas without disturbing the patient. They worked great!

predated the Robertson scoop stretcher was a rubberized or canvas stretcher with an allum. bar up the middle with a ring on the end,. the middle of the stretcher had interlocking pockets the rod slid through when you arrived at the Hospital you moved the patient onto the ER cot then pulled the bar out, and lift the cot frame of the Pt. usually used when patient was fubar.

OK...now I understand what is being described. I have seen these. Were they ever referred to as a "flat". I think they were popular in California as well...Robert?

Perhaps the stretcher that I am seeking was unique to the Northeast. It was patented by Tom Flanagan in the early 1930s and used at least through the 80s They had two easily removable poles with the canvas being held together in the center by a piece of spring steel covered with the same material. This allowed full movement of the head of the cot after the poles were pulled and a means to move the patient to the hospital bed, then retrieve your canvas without disturbing the patient. They worked great!

We use those in the S.E. Michigan area

Russ

Back