So yesterday..................................................

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President
I traveled down south to Sugarcreek to finalize some of the Wednesday the 30th plans. I got down there and couldn't find Bob Smith's funeral home, it is like it had disappeared. Well it had, Bob has a new, larger funeral home down the road that is absolutely fabulous! We will be getting on the bus a little earlier now, we will travel through the heart of Amish Country passing buggies on the winding hilly roads on their way to market to Dover first. We will spend the first couple of hours roaming through Bob's magnificent collection of vintage pro-cars and funeral and EMS equipment. Bob will have coffee and snacks as we roam.
Then it is back on the bus, destination Sugarcreek to Bob's new huge funeral home to take a look around and lunch will be provided by Bob Smith. After that its back on the bus across town or a little out of it to Age of Steam Museum. I was there for the first time yesterday and the building is like four football fields long made of glass and brick in the middle of nowhere filled with restored trains and train cars going back to 1800s up through the 20th century. Wednesday is going to be a great day! Oh and for you Packard/Henney guys, Bob has gotten a couple new ones in since we have been there last. Another acquisition is a Flxible Flxette hearse he just picked up! I almost forgot this as well, Bob has the last Wheeled Coach Econoline that rolled off the assembly line that was ever made on the Econoline chassis. The car has never been put in service and was factory commemorated with a plaque and signed by all of the craftsmen. Like I said, a great day.

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President
Are there plans to get all of his vehicles pulled out and posed for photography? For what time of day is the visit scheduled?
There are a lot of cars there all mint. This touches on another unrelated subject, we have got a couple registrations in where people want to drive themselves to Smith's. Where the ambulances and equipment is housed is VERY LIMITED ON PARKING. That is the main reason we are taking a bus. So if you do insist on driving, there is a possibility you may not get in. Now going back to what Steve was asking, for the same reason, I think that is doubtful. HOWEVER, Bob is talking about bringing the Flxette to Mohican for the week and possibly some of the other cars too. I know this is kind of a vague answer but it is the best one I have right now. Also we will likely leave the hotel around 8:30- 8:45 to be at Bob's between 9:15-9:30.