Sharing of documents

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
I think we spoke about this a little some time back, but I do not believe that we came up with a resolution.

What would be the best way to share documents within the PCS? I am just thinking of the few odds and ends that I have that may be useful or of interest to others. I would like to have a place where I can save the scans so that others can go and retrieve them.

Has the BOD ever discussed the creation of a virtual library? That would be a great asset to have for those who are in the process of restoring their vehicles, fixing that thing that broke, or just looking for information.

Thoughts, comments?

You can put a title to them, and post them here. We have a wide array of members.. Put them in general discussion, and they are always searchable. If we get enough of them, we can create a new forum for them, and move them to the new forum.
Paul

A reference library on common, and perhaps less common topics as a resource would be excellent. I will limit my thoughts to ambulances, but equally applicable to the funeral industry.
Topics like:
- cross referencing timelines with use of: warning equipment, stretchers, ACLS equipment. The right components for a certain time.
- So you are interested in stocking a vehicle, circa ______. These are the materials one should consider, ALS or BLS.
- A brief history on specific components, such as the Ferno stretcher line or Federal beacons etc.

This could fall under the technical discussion segment, perhaps broken down by focus a bit more.

Another component could be yearly compilation of the sales documents for the various companies. I belong to a number of vintage Ford forums and this is available on some. You want to look at all of the 1971 Mustang pamphlets Ford created, right there on the 71-73 forum. Much better than trying to find an original or copy on a place like eBay, particularly for our cars. I bet most years could be added with our combined resources.

If we want people to join and visit a website, this would be a good draw.

I have been researching placing documents on the PCS website (TheProfessionalCarSociety) with specific login security. Our (PCS) current software hosting plan has the functionally and space requirements. I have started gathering different types of documents and the structure to provide security as needed.

This ia a point way above my pay grade as to where we develop such a repository, if we do. Looking forward to peoples thoughts.

I have been researching placing documents on the PCS website (TheProfessionalCarSociety) with specific login security. Our (PCS) current software hosting plan has the functionally and space requirements. I have started gathering different types of documents and the structure to provide security as needed.
This would be another great benefit for dues-paying members.

A PCS member gave me several pdf files of Superior Coach Company Parts and Service manuals to share with PCS members only. If you would like me to send you one or more files by email, please send me an email at hookjch@ptd.net specifying which files you would like. Also please tell me your car's year, make, and vehicle type so I can update the PCS membership database.
See attached for years available.
Again, this offer is for PCS members only.

Jeffrey Hookway
Membership Director
hookjch@ptd.net
A post from another thread.

Back