Rochester Carb Rebuild - Custom Rebuilt Carbs LLC - Middlesex, NJ

Jeff Hookway

PCS Life Member Elected Director
After some problems in Ohio - Looking to have the Rochester 4 Jet Tag # 7026030 L5 \ 74 rebuilt. Any pro/con updates to the original post on 6/2013?
Thanks
Jeff

When I am not certain about how well a business does the work, I search other forums for comments. In this case, the Corvette forum came up with glowing recommendations for Custom Rebuilt Carbs of Middlesex NJ. until the most recent post of October 2020, which contained a detailed list of problems, by a Corvette owner that appears to know what he is talking about.

Custom Rebuilt Carbs of Middlesex NJ is in our list of "Recommended Vendors", which means that at the time it was posted, they had a sterling reputation. One complaint out of many good reviews doesn't warrant them to be removed from our list of recommended vendors. The Corvette forum closed the thread for additional comments, which is sad, because others can't post more recent interactions with the vendor, whether they be good or bad.

I would suggest that you sent it to Carburetors Unlimited 7942 W Gold Dust Ave #1, Peoria, AZ 85345. https://www.carburetorsunlimited.com/ Bruce is a one man shop that has been doing only carburetors for over 3 decades, and he knows carburetors inside and out. He can even recolor it to look like the day it left the factory, and it isn't paint. I shipped my 1969 Rochester to him last week, and he got it today. I should have it back in about 2 weeks, and I can take pictures of it then.

The guy doing my carbs for the last 15 or 20 years is Larry Isgro 1604 Argyle Road,Wantaugh L.I. 516-783-1041. He has done Packard Caribbean Rochesters Buick Carters etc. for me just did a customers 48 Packard when it came back and I installed it,it started ran at an idle needed no adjustment. I can not speak highly enough of the man. He is a twenty yeae advertiser in Hemmings.

Just be sure that the shop that does it can put the shaft bushings in.

That is one of the things that Bruce at Carburetors Unlimited automatically does to ever carburetor rebuild. This is the reason that I no longer use the rebuilder that I had used in the past, since they didn't do this, and the last carburetor that I had them do, had a vacuum leak at the throttle shaft.

Back