Reaction Score? Points?

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Reaction score? Points? I am curious what this means, can you explain it to me? Where do these numbers come from? I feel as if we are in a basketball game scoring points. Why are these numbers necessary? BTW, I am not being difficult, I just don't understand the need, so I would appreciate an explanation.

I apologize if these questions have been asked elsewhere.

I am not certain how they are established, but I do know that it will be more effort to remove them, then it is to ignore them. It is one of the features of the software, and somewhere there is a setting. I spend between 3 and 5 hours every day making tweaks, or turning on or off system functions, and I still have difficulty coming up to speed. Every group of membership on the forums has to have its permissions set for each forum of the software, and each forum has its own permissions that also need to be set to allow or disallow a particular function. Last week, I added a Media program to bring back the original albums, and it also has many new features that I still either don't understand how to enable them, or exactly what they do. Note the pictures that roll across the screen, that is just one of the features. Being able to add 10 pictures simultaneously is another, along with making them either thumbnails or full size. The 1959 Cadillac Limo that you posted about being on eBay is a great example. It took me 3 or 4 tries to get them posted correctly, since I needed to correctly set the permissions, so it would be easy for our users to post the pictures. Many of these settings require that I switch to various test user names just to verify that the change has taken place as it is supposed to, and then back to my real name to continue. I also have to do this either late in the evening or very early in the morning, because I don't want to shut down the site, which would cause an inconvenience to our guests from around the world. In the world of technology, computers were originally intended to make our lives easier, but for the people behind the scenes, it becomes more complicated every day. I originally announced the change on November 16th, and it went live on November 18th, and so far, aside from adding new features, there have been 2 upgrades to the software in the past 3 weeks, one of which I haven't had time to spend to understand what is involved with the upgrade. This software has been around for 10 years, and the developers keep adding features that are requested by administrators, and these upgrades are released every 2 weeks. Thanks for asking your question... Paul

Like sitting in a new car. The term unnecessary comes to mind. I was talking to a friend that got a new car. The sales man went over the basricks with him and then set up a appointment to have the teck show him how to work all the features in the car. Told them to plan on 5 hr. A lot to have to do for a grocery getter.

Back