Question for all members,

Eric Gemzer

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
How many of the members here in the PCS daily drive their coaches? I live in Michigan so in the winter the Pro-cars get parked but in the spring, summer and fall we drive our coaches almost daily. I’m interested to know how often others drive these cars.

I know. Mine are insured as antiques, and to get them registered with an antique tag, they can't be daily drivers. I have never had a situation where I could use my pro car as a daily driver. I had a company car for 25 years. Off duty, my cars were kept in storage. If they had been home, I may have taken them out more. Now I can fit two in my garage at home. I don't think any of my caddies had working a/c so that precludes their usage. I'm thinking of getting something like a daily driver however. Good question- I like to see the answers

I drive my coaches often during the warm months, but they are definitely not daily drivers. First the state doesn't allow car with collector plates to be daily drivers, and second, neither does the collector car insurance. In fact, they require you to have a registered and insured daily driver car.

Eric, here in Alberta, to register it as an antique the government stipulates it cannot be used as a daily driver. Similar with obtaining collector car insurance.

Her if they are regestered as collector car they can only be driven to and from events or for repairs or get gas. I have gotten gas a hundred miles from home on ocasion. Been knowen to take a different car for parts each day but once the car covers are one it takes motivation to uncover it

Her if they are regestered as collector car they can only be driven to and from events or for repairs or get gas. I have gotten gas a hundred miles from home on ocasion. Been knowen to take a different car for parts each day but once the car covers are one it takes motivation to uncover it
In Michigan if you have historic plates you can drive the entire month of august without any stipulations. The rest of the year is “limited use” which doesn’t tend to be enforced.

The old cars are kept covered, in the back part of our 20X40 garage, so taking them out is a bit of an undertaking. I do try to run each of them a few miles once every week or 10 days, although Colorado winters sometimes don't cooperate. The '72 Beetle (bought new that year) was my daily driver for 290,000 miles but has been retired for about 20 years; the '73 S&S got run around quite a bit transporting band gear for some years, and could have been called an "almost-daily" driver, but that was awhile back.

Miss Thing & Ladybug2.JPG

The old cars are kept covered, in the back part of our 20X40 garage, so taking them out is a bit of an undertaking. I do try to run each of them a fewView attachment 46757 miles once every week or 10 days, although Colorado winters sometimes don't cooperate. The '72 Beetle (bought new that year) was my daily driver for 290,000 miles but has been retired for about 20 years; the '73 S&S got run around quite a bit transporting band gear for some years,and could have been called an "almost-daily" driver, but that was awhile back.
I love your pic of "Shorty" and "Big Bertha"!

The old cars are kept covered, in the back part of our 20X40 garage, so taking them out is a bit of an undertaking. I do try to run each of them a few miles once every week or 10 days, although Colorado winters sometimes don't cooperate. The '72 Beetle (bought new that year) was my daily driver for 290,000 miles but has been retired for about 20 years; the '73 S&S got run around quite a bit transporting band gear for some years, and could have been called an "almost-daily" driver, but that was awhile back.

View attachment 46757
Hello! Any interest in displaying your hearse at the Forney Museum of transportation?

If you weren't 2000 miles away, I would consider it. From your website, your museum is located in Denver Colorado. For those that are closer to your museum, here is the website address... Forney Museum of Transportation 4303 Brighton Blvd Denver, CO 80216 (303) 297-1113

Back