Orange County Choppers Stretcher Bike

Not entirely pro-car related – but interesting to many of us anyway – is this announcement I got today from Ferno-Washington. If you like FW stretchers, or motorcycles, or are just bored that evening, here’s an interesting show to watch:

Ferno 35X built in to a bike built by Orange County Choppers

A Ferno 35X PROFlexx X-frame Ambulance Cot recently took center stage on a custom designed motorcycle built by Orange County Choppers. The motorcycle and cot can be seen on the hit television series “American Chopper” when it airs on November 12, 2009 on TLC at 9pm ET/PT.

The motorcycle features a unique side car which serves as a platform for the 35X. Want to see it? Be sure to watch the show!

This was a project for Ornge, an air transport medical service and its Foundation which are dedicated to providing patients in Ontario, Canada with a high quality transport medicine service. The Ornge Foundation raises funds for the service to buy medical equipment for its helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft, supports and promotes improvements in patient care, and encourages the education and training of healthcare providers in the field of transport medicine. The custom built chopper is part of an awareness raising and fundraising program for Ornge.

The motorcycle was revealed by Ornge’s president and CEO Dr. Christopher Mazza, and OCC’s Paul Teutul Sr. at a public event at the base of the iconic CN Tower in Toronto, Canada. “We’re delighted to work with Paul Sr. and the team at Orange County Choppers, who share not only our name, but also our commitment to innovation and excellence in our respective fields,” said Dr. Mazza.

Ferno was excited to be given the opportunity to donate a 35X to the project, and the Ferno team worked together to build the cot going to the show. “We actually had a short lead time to deliver the cot, and instead of pulling a cot out of inventory, our production and manufacturing team worked extra hours to build the actual cot going to OCC. The quality and dedication to the finished product are consistent through everyone involved in this project at Ornge, OCC, and Ferno” says Ferno’s Marketing Director, Jerry Socha.

If you miss the air date on TLC, you may have a chance see the motorcycle up close and personal as it takes a tour at the following shows:

Oct. 26 -29 San Jose, CA - Air Medical Transport Conference
December 11-13 Toronto, CAN - Toronto Motorcycle Show
January 15 -17 2010 Toronto, CAN - North America International Motorcycle SuperShow
April 2010 Quebec, CAN - Medical Trade Show

I don't know about this getting the wheels on a 35 to go in one direction is hard enough. let along doing 100 on the freeway. I think I'll pass on getting one made for me just in time for Sturges

Back