One Month Anniversary today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Today, April 18, 2009 is the one month anniversary of the start of this website. I would like to tell you about our accomplishments so far. We have a total of 156 members, of which 134 are verified dues paying PCS members, and 16 of which are also an Officer or Director of the Professional Car Society. It is with the generous financial support of 29 Site Supporters that has made all this possible. We have had just over 200 new threads posted in the past 30 days, and over 1200 responses posted to those threads. In the past 30 days, we have had to increase our bandwidth twice. We are watching the bandwidth statistics closely so we don't run out in the future.
Thanks to everyone that has helped to make this possible.. :D

Well, the inevitable happened today. When I checked the bandwidth stats in the middle of last week, it appeared that we would be good till the end of the month. Today, when I was at a swap meet, I got a call on my cell phone telling me that the site was down. Unfortunately, I didn't have the number to call to remedy this with me, so it had to wait till I got home. My apologies to all that were inconvenienced by not being able to get to the site. Each time that we ran out of bandwidth, I had it doubled, so we are now using 8 times the amount that we started with. When I set up the account, I went with the hosting companies suggest, based on what the average new site uses in the first 3 months. We are growing faster than I ever expected.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back