Old ambulance

I always wonder why people feel they need to swap out the 6 volt system. As long as the engine is up to snuff it will fire on 6 volts as easily as 12.

1940 Buick Flxible Ambulance​

$36,000 · In stock
Listed in Sherman Oaks, CA

Details​

• Condition
    Used - Good
For sale is a 1940 Buick Series 40 Ambulance built by the Flexible Company of Loudonville, Ohio. Flxible built only 291 of these. This is one of less than 10 Surviving 1940 Buick Flxibles that I have encountered.It has undergone a full mechanical rebuild and is idling, driving and stopping beautifully. Car starts right up with the push of the button. Full engine rebuild, transmission rebuild, new clutch and throw out bearing. All new fuel lines and pump, new brake lines, hoses and rebuilt master cylinder and wheel cylinders. Added external oil filter. Brand new factory correct YNZ wire harness, mini high torque starter, and 90 amp PowerMaster generator. Converted to 12V. All light bulbs (except headlights) are soft white LED which look original but draw almost no power. Features drivers sidemount tire and cover, suicide soors, rear cabinets and floor compartment for storage. Firewall and underseat heaters(not connected).Emergency lighting consists of an A pillar Unity spotlight with red lens, a Federal siren with forward facing red lense, 2 forward facing lollipop lights on a flasher circuit, and a rear facing federal oval lense. Vehicle has 3 cracked pieces of flat glass.If you see this listing, it is available. I will not respond to "is this available".Message through Facebook only.

Sherman Oaks, CA
Location is approximate
w9.jpg
w8.jpg
w7.jpg
w6.jpg
w5.jpg
w4.jpg
w3.jpg
w2.jpg
w.jpg

Back