Need '63 MM Cad Amb Front Door Weather Stripping

Joe Eggemeier

PCS Member
Hello. I am in need of the rubber stripping that goes around the passenger side front door. I've seen suggestions about cutting off a piece (perhaps under the door) for comparison. I was wondering, when looking for that specific type of rubber stripping, as it is very difficult to find things specific to "ambulance", if the door would be similar to a Caddy "Deville" style passenger door, or other model Caddy? I'm still new to this arena. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

As i recall that one. It is the same profile as the standard caddy that year but as the doors are not the same shape you can not get a made up weather strip. You will need to buy bulk and make them up as you go. The only one of that year i worked on was a superior. As you know there is a difference in the body builders. A good place to cut the profile out from is the left center door. It the leased used one on the car. It only needs to be a thin slice as all you are doing is comparing it with the bulk offerings. Check the metro rubber site steel rubber site and rubber the right way in there universal listings. You will find who is selling it cheaper. USA parts is another source. Learn how to cut 45 deg angle on old stuff first. Glue you edges with guerilla super glue and i use weldwood contack cement to put it on. Fallow the directions on the can.. Expect to get around 500 bucks in the job if your luckly.

Thank you, Ed. I have a Caddy dealer near me, and a hearse manufacturer near me in Clermont County Ohio. I thought I would seek their advice as well.

Back