Mystery 1976 Lifeliner

Yes, Steve, those pictures were taken in November, 1980, at Crain Garage on a gloomy day. James Houston told me that the car had been sold for $18,500, to someone overseas, and was going to the Port of Miami for export. There was no signage on the car to indicate the original owner and Mr. Houston didn't divulge that information either. Only that the front suspension had been torn out when it hit some railroad tracks and they had gotten it from the insurance company. Last I heard back in the day was that it was in a shipping container in Miami. This beauty definitely had all the bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Yes, Steve, those pictures were taken in November, 1980, at Crain Garage on a gloomy day. John Houseton told me that the car had been sold for $18,500, to someone overseas, and was going to the Port of Miami for export. There was no signage on the car to indicate the original owner and Mr. Houseton didn't divulge that information either. Only that the front suspension had been torn out when it hit some railroad tracks and they had gotten it from the insurance company. Last I heard back in the day was that it was in a shipping container in Miami. This beauty definitely had all the bells and whistles.
Thanks!

Back