Miller-Meteor Book Coming!

Well, folks, the "Piqua Daily Call" has the scoop. In an article from 9/4/09, about the M-M meet in Piqua, PCS author Tom McPherson announced that the long-awaited book "Miller-Meteor, the Complete Illustrated History" will be released on April 15, 2010! :D

(Article attached, unfortunately you can not access the digital version of the article without subscribing to the paper.)

While that's still 7 months away, for those of us who have been anxiously awaiting this book since it was announced in 1996, that's SOON! The book has, of course, been improved upon since then as well.

I'm sure I echo other's thoughts that we are pleased to see this come to fruition and thank Tom McPherson and those who helped him for their hard work.

Attachments

• MMArticle.jpg
    MMArticle.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 85
This is great news! As a fan of A.J. Miller and early M-M products, I'm sure Tom's book will be well worth the 13 year wait. I saw some of the original script at the Piqua Library a few years ago... It will be nice to finally see it in book form along with all the updated material and photos:thumbsup:

Sorry folks. I scanned the article and it was big enough to read the print. When I uploaded it, apparently the site software shrinks it down to the size it's at now, which makes the print almost illegible.

Perhaps our esteemed webmaster can fix that?

At the risk of being banned, I have to ask: what if we paid our money for this book back in 1996? Will we get the book or will we have to pay again? While I would rather get the book, I will pay again. But, all I can say is that please don't ask me to find my canceled check! That was three jobs, two states and one wife ago......:rolleyes:

I believe those who paid deposits for the original M-M book that was never published, back in 1996 should contact him directly. Money paid to Mr. McPherson is an issue that neither this website or the Professional Car Society has any control over. It is a personal matter, not a club matter.
Thanks

People better think before they talk.

The company that was going to publish the book back in the '90s went broke and no longer exists period. Money paid for the book then is long gone. The company publishing this book had nothing to do with that company. If everyone is patient we will get a book...........and a good book at that. But if people keep sending nasty letters to this publisher the book may NEVER be published. They had nothing to do with the problem and aren't going to take much crap about it, so if you (and you know who you are and so do Walt and I) keep writing letters to Iconografix you will make sure that none of us get the book. If that happens a lot of us who want the darned book will be very unhappy. I am not justifying what happened back then I am just telling you what is happening now.

At the risk of starting a fight, I'll echo Brady's comments. I had a discussion with Tom about this in Flint in February. Apparently, the money paid back then is gone. We don't have it and he doesn't have it. It's a lost cause. He's out more than we are. His intent was not to defraud anyone, he was a victim of the problems as we were.

We'll have to buy the books if we want them.

I paid for two books in 1996. I consider that gone money. It sucks but what can I do? Indeed, I haven't lost my house or missed a meal because of it. I let it go, others will have to as well. Sometimes you lose money in life.

The only recourse, if you're unhappy, is to not buy the book and stay mad at Tom for something that happened 13 years ago, and not intentionally. If that's your personal protest, OK, but you still won't see the book.

At the risk of starting a fight, I'll echo Brady's comments. I had a discussion with Tom about this in Flint in February. Apparently, the money paid back then is gone. We don't have it and he doesn't have it. It's a lost cause. He's out more than we are. His intent was not to defraud anyone, he was a victim of the problems as we were.

Unfortunate situation but, there is no recourse and Tom was not at fault. Just like the ponzi schemes, you trust, they let you down, and we move forward. The company is no longer in business and I appreciate the efforts on Tom's part in still getting this book to the public even under the circumstances.
Best of luck!

FWIW, I feel bad for asking about the money/order situation regarding the old book. I'm not mad that it is gone. It's no big deal to me. Like Steve said, I haven't missed anything because of it. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't pay again unless it was necessary. I only want one book and will gladly pay what it takes to get one book. I have always thought M-M made the best looking cars and have wanted a book on their cars for as long as I can remember.

Jonathon, sorry if I made you feel bad. It is the "elephant in the room" and it does need to be discussed. But I realize my response was a bit more harsh than needed. Tom got a lot of ill will after the initial difficulties, and he stayed away for many years as a result. He's a good friend and a great resource for information about the hobby, and I hated to see that happen.

Having seen the draft in '96, I can tell you that what was there then was well worth it. Unbelievably, more has apparently been added in the intervening years, so this book should be very worthwhile. And heavy! :eek:

And by the way, if you have interest in Henneys, the Henney book has been available for a few months and is also a great book on that topic.

If you are considering mail ordering any books or for that matter, anything else that is sold on Amazon.com, please consider using this link to go to Amazon. When you use this link, the website gets a small commission on anything that you purchase. This helps the website to pay our bills, and costs you, the consumer nothing. Just click the "Powered by Amazon" icon to go to the rest of the Amazon website. Thanks for considering this...... Paul

Click here to go to Amazon........

We'll have to buy the books if we want them.

I paid for two books in 1996. I consider that gone money. It sucks but what can I do? Indeed, I haven't lost my house or missed a meal because of it. I let it go, others will have to as well. Sometimes you lose money in life.

The only recourse, if you're unhappy, is to not buy the book and stay mad at Tom for something that happened 13 years ago, and not intentionally. If that's your personal protest, OK, but you still won't see the book.

Folks, one thing was brought to my attention in a discussion elsewhere. Apparently, some folks are contacting Iconografix, the publisher, regarding books that are "owed to them" that they paid for back in '96.

PLEASE, DON'T CONTACT OR HARASS ICONOGRAFIX REGARDING FREE BOOKS!

Needless to say (well, apparently, needed to say), they have nothing to do with the issue of money lost previously. Please don't get them pissed off at Tom, or we may never see the books. There's no way Iconografix can undo what was done in the past before they were involved in the book.

If you're not sure, order it from Amazon as Paul related above. If there's any problem (there shouldn't be), Amazon will refund money.

I have been watching the Amazon book listings, and the Miller Meteor Book is now available for pre-order on Amazon. I have also added a few extra books to our Amazon store, since they are now increasing the "commissions" based on the number of items that are included in the store. If you have any suggestions for items that can be added to our store, please let me know. Every little bit helps a lot... thanks Paul

Miller-Meteor: The Complete Illustrated History (Hardcover)

by Thomas A. McPherson (Author)
List Price:$79.95 Price:$50.37 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save:$29.58 (37%) Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Attachments

• MMBook.jpg
    MMBook.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 62
M-M Book

If you are considering mail ordering any books or for that matter, anything else that is sold on Amazon.com, please consider using this link to go to Amazon. When you use this link, the website gets a small commission on anything that you purchase. This helps the website to pay our bills, and costs you, the consumer nothing. Just click the "Powered by Amazon" icon to go to the rest of the Amazon website. Thanks for considering this...... Paul

Thanks for the link I ordered 2 thru this link.

Back