Meeting with Dave McCamey...

Terri and I had the pleasure of meeting Dave McCamey while on the PCS-flint trip. We stopped by his assisted living facility to show him his old ambulance. He was very pleased. We then went for a ride and swung by his childhood home. We exchanged hugs and handshakes and perhaps a few tears, and on the road again we go.
Nice meeting you Dave and from the PCS we wish you a recovery.

PCSFlintTrip047.jpg

PCSFlintTrip048.jpg

PCSFlintTrip049.jpg

PCSFlintTrip051.jpg

Meeting

How great that was that you would take the time to do that.. I'm sure it made his day....Kudos to you !!

That was so nice of you to visit Dave & let him see his former ambulance... and give him a ride in it too! You're really a class act Richard, it was great to finally meet you in Flint & see the Lifeliner in person. Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to bring a huge smile to the face of the man who put that old ambulance through the paces in it's earlier days... and giving him a nice memory knowing the car has been restored & loved.

Ditto from ca

Richard: I echo what others have already posted praising you for taking the time to stop by and see Dave. I am sure that really made his day! MM

It has been mentioned many times here on the message boards, but I will say it again... This is what the PCS is about!

People like Richard taking the time out of their day to help out another member. Stopping in for a visit, helping out with a needed part or just having someone to talk similar interests with. One member helping another.

Thanks Richard for posting the pictures. As was mentioned, I am sure that the visit made Dave's day. I know that it made mine. It's good to see him up and about again and driving down the road to recovery.

Richard, I am so thrilled that you were able to show Dave his old Lifeliner. That was always the favorite of all of his cars and I'm sure that you taking the time to stop by and give him a ride in it really meant a lot to him. Seeing the pics of you both with it are great. This is definitely what the PCS is all about.

Sarah

I bet he really enjoyed it, I bet he thought he would never see it again. I know we made the right choice on the Keel Award this year, that is what it is all about.

I'm pleased that you went by to see Dave with his-former car. I know he enjoyed it. That's class. :cool:

And I echo Ron's comments, you certainly deserved the Keel Award, if anyone's "youthfully enthusiastic", it's you!

Richard, I haven't met either you or Dave but that was a very thoughtful act of kindness on your part. Stories like this are what make this club worth belonging to.

Back