Looking for a gas cap

Joseph G Unrein

PCS Member
Looking for a gas cap for a 1959 Superior Cadillac. Apparently Superior Coach didn't use a standard Cadillac filler tube or cap.
Thanks for your Help!

Inside ears or outside ears. I have a collection of them but no ida what you need. Most of them in that set of years used the standard cap off a 55 chevy.

Inside ears or outside ears. I have a collection of them but no ida what you need. Most of them in that set of years used the standard cap off a 55 chevy.
Not sure what you mean here, but the there are two notches in the filler tube and two tabs (ears ?) on the cap. Thanks for responding!

I got them I'll send you one next Monday. I might be wrong but that is not what I think a 57 used. The locking ears would go inside the tube. The tube needs a cap with the ears locking outside the tube. I know 55 chevy works I do have a couple of them.

John, I was able to find one on EBay- it was delivered today and is the real deal.
Here is the site for the part- https://www.ebay.com/itm/384912899360?

The one I had only had a couple of tin layers to it and it makes me wonder what is in the bottom of the gas tank.

If you sent one I'll still take it and pay for it.
Thanks for everything Buddy

Good enough went out to look this morning to see if I could find one and got one original that needs a gasket and two different styles of re pops

IMG_20220801_084953_hdr.jpgIMG_20220801_084919_hdr.jpgIMG_20220801_084459_hdr.jpgIMG_20220801_084254_hdr.jpg

Somedays its a wonder if I can find anything in that why did I buy that drawer but it realy helps if you write down on the box what it fitsIMG_20220801_084459_hdr.jpg

Back