Late 60's Miller Meteor Ful Vue Rotating Beacons - needs restoration

No Longer Available - 04/10/2022 Gus Breiland

Hello everyone. I'm working with the family of Kevin Kocur who passes a few years ago to sell his collections. One item that needs some specific help is a set of Miller Meteor Ful Vue rotating beacons. These were from a 1967 Miller Meteor Volunteer Ambulance from North Memorial in Minnesota. You will see an image from John Royark Jr with Kevin standing proudly after the purchase.

The money raised will go to Kevin's son. I will donate 10% of what the purchase price is to the website but will be sure that his son gets the full amount. I want to respect the site and its members knowing that my time here is limited to the finding of a good home for these rare items.

He loved professional cars and he wanted to be a part of this fine group as much as he could.

Depending on how things go, I'm willing to drive to meet you half way within the 5 state area MN, ND, SD, IA, WI. They are fragile and I'd prefer to hand off to the next owner than try shipping. If we are shipping, I'll do my best to package and reduce risk. No additional cost if we figure out a drive and exchange.

No longer available - XXXX - if we ship, I'll be asking for you to cover the cost of shipping and insurance

1967 Miller-Meteor Volunteer ambulance
North Memorial in MN

4x rotating beacon / tear drop red lights. One has a broken lens.
Casting numbers are as follows: 350-655227, 350-655226, 350-655224, 350-655225.
224 is in the toughest shape. Broken glass and rear cover post is broken. Looks like the motor was exposed for some time due to the broken glass. All gaskets are dried out.
No base plates or gaskets at the rim.
The motors are 12v I did try to plug in 2x of them. Small movements but not rotating.
No number plates on the front and it appears there were never number plates. I have seen a couple of examples of this style light online with label plates. I don't believe these ever had them.

Photo Gallery - https://gusgus.smugmug.com/Other/Miller-Meteor-Ful-Vue-Beacons/

Please feel free to contact me. I'll do my best to answer questions and look forward to finding them a good home.
Meteor side view.jpg
back.jpg
bottom.jpg
front.jpg
top.jpg

Last edited:
Back