Its coming along

Looks great. It is amazing how much better it looks with the white walls cleaned, and the decals added. I am curious, in the first picture, what is leaning against the front tire? It looks like an old car grille shell.

That's his portable lounge chair. But really when i was down to visit the last time we were tinkering around on the IHC trying to get the passengers door to quit rubbing on the fender. The problem was when the taped that bumper in on the left they moved the nose over to the right. What it needs is the radiator support and both fenders loosen up and a jack put on on the left side to moved it forward and to the left. But first of course that corner of the bumper need to be pulled out to give you the target to line up on. Nothing escapes getting into a dog fight for ever. But we had nothing but hand tools to work with and no jack. At the time.

Looks great. It is amazing how much better it looks with the white walls cleaned, and the decals added. I am curious, in the first picture, what is leaning against the front tire? It looks like an old car grille shell.
its my lawn chair. i had just taken it out of the back when a friend i hadnt seen in a few years came up to me.

Check the spare tire to see the color on that. When it comes to specific questions about International Harvester trucks, I suggest that you contact Mike Stevens, since he was employed by IH for many years. Mike lives in Ohio and his information should be listed in the directory.
Paul

The thing to do is check on a site like coker to get the proper exchange size from old number to there currant set. 235 rang from as small as 27 inches to 29 depending on the brand. So you find the dimensions of the origional tire and pick the coles to that you can fing that will allow you to fit it in your wheel well. New tires are a lot wider the older ones. Going from 4 inches wide to up to 12 is a bid step especly if you have skirts. But the only true 31 inch tall tire out there in a white wall is a 265x15 depending on brand they are 8 to 12 inches wide.

Back