Hx of the 64 Pinner

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
or as I know of it and it has been relayed to me. as you know Hx is scratchy as best. built in 1964 by Pinner Coach for the Mashlonik and Reinbold Funeral home in Lancaster, NY. from a paper in car. Delivered some time that year. the home used it, really used it for evidence on the car. the it was sold to a teenager Matt Siegel. I was able to contact and believe it or not he still had title to the car in his name when I acquired it him who drove it a few years and sold it to a move Co who wanted it for the engine. some time in the 70s. the car resurfaced some time around 2018(?) as a for sale on face book and was bought by Dwayne Brooks a PCS member. the first time I saw the car was at the Hudson Ohio meet in 2019 he had it there on a trailer. it was at this meet he had Jack and Tom sign the radio delete plate in the car. He offered the car for sale again in 2019. on face book and I bought it then. arrangements were made for help in the club to bring the car to the 19 meet in Rapid city. Lance volunteered to do so as he was bringing a chase trailer to load it up in Ohio and bring it to SD to the meet. a few things had happen to the car since I had seen it last all threw no fault of Dwayne but a shop he had contracted to do repairs on it. my first look at it since 2019 was not for the faint of hart. but on getting it home and taking inventory, all the new stuff was in there as promised. my jig saw puzzle just needed put together. so we sloped a quick layer of primer on so it looked better. got the brakes, suspension, power steering and engine transmission all working. backed it out side and covered it up till I could find time to finish it. Matt and I got the title straighten out and I now had a lic car in SD with a paper title. in may last year I drove it into the shop and jun this year I drove it back out. my goal was to have the car looking like it would have if the Home had run it threw a shop to clean it up instead of replacing it. there were a few changes made from when Jack Delivered the car in 67, but not big ones. they don't offer Biscayne trim pads. Matt told me the cargo floor was done in Vinyl same as the walls. I went for carpet. then added the hatch. put the semi gloss inset in the sides. were it was all black. the engine is not the original 283 but a newer small block Chevy. but it still has the power guide. I'm planing on taking back to New York for it third PCS meet next year. but unlike Jack I not going to drive it, but have you driven you pro car today.64 Pinner 001 early 70s.jpg64 Pinner 002 early 70s.jpg64 pinner 003 nov 7 2010.jpg64 Pinner 004 2011 july.JPG64 pinner 005 jun 25 2019.JPG64 Pinner 006 jun 2019 S.Dakota Merks Nikon 1957.jpg64 Pinner 007 july 19 2019.JPG64 pinner 008 2019.JPG64 Pinner 009 may 7 2023.JPG64 Pinner 010 jun 24 2024.JPG

Back