Hearse hunting in Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Kocur - Deceased 1962 - 2019

January 14, 1962 - August 13, 2019
In late March, I found myself in Jellico, TN preparing to start a seven day, 1400 mile on/off-road motorcycle trip.

506758517_UpggH-M.jpg

Having time to kill, I set out searching for a hearse that was for sale locally. While I never did find that elusive coach, I did locate the three funeral homes in Jellico. There weren't any coaches outside at Cox and Sons, but I scored big-time at Llewellynn FH:

506765871_UweUc-M.jpg

Nice Federal coach.

But parked out back was this gorgeous Superior:

506766232_TkdBS-M.jpg

Only or block or two away is Harm FH:

506766589_kuUZa-M.jpg

You almost never see coaches sitting outside in Minnesota. Ever. It was a nice change.
-K

Somewhere near the Great Falls Dam, we passed a cemetery. I had to go back to take this picture:

506818609_ese2r-M.jpg

Someone really likes cats....

And y'all really need to build some bridges down there.... :)

507013097_eHzqe-M.jpg

-K

Are you indicating we've run out of interesting cars to catch your fancy around here, you had to go all the way to TN?:p

That '80 Sovereign landau is a great looking coach!

If it was water riding you were seeking, shouldn't you have gone the other way...toward North Dakota?:eek::D

Thanks for the neat photos Kevin...what I hate to see is a nice coach left outside in the weather with no cover or protection at all...
Nice '80 Superior...

The '80 Superior was actually nicer than the Federal. The odd thing is that there are garages at the back of the property. :confused:

Maybe there's a '59 Superior combination and a '69 Superior 3-way tucked back in there... :rolleyes:
-K

Why do I see Kevin lurking around Tennessee in his Official Elmer Fudd hunting cap goin; "Shhhhhhh be vewy, vewy, qwiet, I'm hunting huses":rolleyes:

You never know what you'll find in TN!

Found this in Chatanooga in 2000. A nearby FH supposed had a 1959 hearse in storage, but I never got ahold of anyone there.

Adam

Attachments

• 1961 CB Oldsmobile (12,282.4 miles) 1.jpg
    1961 CB Oldsmobile (12,282.4 miles) 1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 675
Adam....... that is a very sharp looking car. Who was the body builder, and is it still around? I have always like the Oldsmobile and Buick pro cars..

Adam....... that is a very sharp looking car. Who was the body builder, and is it still around? I have always like the Oldsmobile and Buick pro cars..

It's a 1961 Cotner/Bevington Oldsmobile combination. I took that picture the morning I walked into the FH's office and made the guy an offer for it. It was on a trailer headed to my house the next week. I cleaned and put it in my garage in late 2000, and in 2006 sold it to a guy in FL. He had it on ebay last year, but didn't get the $20K+ he was asking (4x what I sold it to him for on ebay). Gee, I wonder why... :rolleyes:

When I bought it and sold it, it had 12,282.4 original miles on it. I think it now has about 18K. Last I heard, he still owns it.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back