Having problems with the new software???

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
If you have been having a problem starting a new thread, or answering a thread, or for that matter, no matter what the difficulty, please post it to this thread, and tell me exactly what forum the problem exists. I have been finding all sort of permission problems for myself, and I have to believe that others have also been experiencing difficulties at times. If I don't know about them, I can't fix them.
Over the next few weeks we will be adding some additional upgrades to make navigation of the forums more closely resemble the old forums wherever possible. If there is something that you liked about the old forum that you don't see in the new forum, please tell me what it is, and I will attempt to find a solution to add it.
I thank everyone for their patience, and encourage you to keep posting new threads, and answers to threads posted. You are the ultimate beta testers of the forums.

Paul Steinberg
Senior Forums Administrator

If you have been having a problem starting a new thread, or answering a thread, or for that matter, no matter what the difficulty, please post it to this thread, and tell me exactly what forum the problem exists. I have been finding all sort of permission problems for myself, and I have to believe that others have also been experiencing difficulties at times. If I don't know about them, I can't fix them.
Over the next few weeks we will be adding some additional upgrades to make navigation of the forums more closely resemble the old forums wherever possible. If there is something that you liked about the old forum that you don't see in the new forum, please tell me what it is, and I will attempt to find a solution to add it.
I thank everyone for their patience, and encourage you to keep posting new threads, and answers to threads posted. You are the ultimate beta testers of the forums.

Paul Steinberg
Senior Forums Administrator
I liked EVERYTHING about the old forums and HATE this new one.

I liked EVERYTHING about the old forums and HATE this new one.
I liked the old forums also, however, I didn't like the fact that it required constant everyday corrections on the back side as a result of errors. As a user, you never saw the error reports, however our management team did. Every one of the forums on the old servers had to be upgraded, and ours was the last one. It is unfortunate that times moves on, and those that don't move along with the improvements in life are left behind. The software issue reminds me of when I owned my 1926 Buick Master 54C or for that matter, even my 1964 Chevrolet Corvair. Back in 1964, there were no tires made for the Buick, and I had to drive that car on tires that were more than 30 years old. Today, there are no 13" tires currently in production, and all that you can find occasionally are tires that were produced 3 or 4 years ago. The same problem exists with our professional cars, there currently are no tires produced in the original size or load range. What is one to do, scrap the cars, or find a reasonable substitute? We chose to find a reasonable substitute that is as close to the old as we could find.

Posted this mem, did not post full size . It was cut down?

I need to know which forums the thumbnails are posting to, so I can fix this problem. Unlike the old software, I have to make adjustments to each and every user group, and each and every forum. I thought that I had update all of them, however, what you have pointed out, indicates that I have missed some of them. So far, I have about 45 hours into making changes and I know that there are a number that I might have missed. By the users advising me of issues, it will save me the trouble of going back through each and every forum and user group.
thanks Paul

Thanks for that information... I found the solution to the problem... did-someone-say-flipper.jpg When you post the picture, and it shows in the thread, look in the upper left corner, and you will see the words "thumbnail" and "Full image".. If you click on "Full image", the picture will post full image size. Give it a try... Paul

Attachments

• did-someone-say-flipper.jpg
    did-someone-say-flipper.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1
I miss the old site, it was more inviting and comfortable to use. Having said that, I appreciate the efforts you have made to improve this site for us and no doubt, this site will soon become familiar to me. Some actions here are actually quite easy, but I have not become acquainted with everything yet.

I love how this new format is totally user friendly on smartphones and tablets, the old format was barely useable on my phone or ipad. Plus the search functionality is much improved, not to mention it interfaces with social media nicely.

I am looking forward to getting full size avatars, and customizable signatures.

I love how this new format is totally user friendly on smartphones and tablets, the old format was barely useable on my phone or ipad. Plus the search functionality is much improved, not to mention it interfaces with social media nicely.

I am looking forward to getting full size avatars, and customizable signatures.
I'm waiting for the day that you purchase a real Professional Car!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Toys just don't cut it~~~~~

Back