Generator Question

I see more of that creative wiring. I will bow to those that know more about this high output GM alternator then i do. All i know is i have seen them wired and not.

Be very careful handling the alternator/generator because it can have a built-up current that can shock you under certain circumstances. Parts for that alternator/generator are no longer available and many of the parts are not serviceable by rebuilding. Only finding working units is how they can be repaired today. Through the years I purchased spares if mine needed servicing, and my 1969 had to be repaired twice when someone switched off the batteries before they turned the engine off. I rectified the problem the second time by bypassing the alternator switches and wiring the batteries directly into the car's charging system. I still have the parts listed in my eBay searches, however, I can't remember when the last time a part became available. Like so many of the parts that make up the Commercial Chassis cars are specific to the cars themselves, spares are seldom found.

Will the manual says there ac current. The Batt post is 12 volts Dc. The top ones combined are 120 volts AC. Or household current. One would think they would need so sort of power board to hook them togather to have them produce the current nessary to run equptment.

Will the manual says there ac current. The Batt post is 12 volts Dc. The top ones combined are 120 volts AC. Or household current. One would think they would need so sort of power board to hook them togather to have them produce the current nessary to run equptment.
Not that I have seen a lot, but I have not seen any of the Superior cars using the generator for 120V supply. The few that I have seen all used separate inverters.

Back