finally

It is really not possible to put into words the magic that Ed's talent and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds (!) of hours have produced. He is TRULY the master of these vehicles. Working, all be it in the smallest of ways, on this project has brought a new friendship between us, which is the biggest win.

Recognition must also go out to Nick who did the first phase of this monumental restoration. Those of you who have been around here for 7-8 years will remember the original posts on it.

If the stars align properly, it will travel up here later this month. More pics to come, from either Ed or me.

Originally purchased by the the city of Junction City, Kansas. Then saw duty in both Kansas City Mo., and Chattanooga Tn.
This is a pic from 2014, when Nick Studer rescued it. Red/white originally, it was changed with the restoration to copy one of the cars used in the 1970 dealer brochure.
Nick can add some comments on the early restoration process.
Ed tackled this mammoth job, and the result is truly amazing.
Unfortunately I live at the other end of the continent from the upcoming PCS annual meet, so will not make there.
One more lives on.1992Photo.jpg2014 pick up day 2 delivery.jpg2014 11 front floors.JPG2014 06 original interior.jpg

Originally purchased by the the city of Junction City, Kansas. Then saw duty in both Kansas City Mo., and Chattanooga Tn.
This is a pic from 2014, when Nick Studer rescued it. Red/white originally, it was changed with the restoration to copy one of the cars used in the 1970 dealer brochure.
Nick can add some comments on the early restoration process.
Ed tackled this mammoth job, and the result is truly amazing.
Unfortunately I live at the other end of the continent from the upcoming PCS annual meet, so will not make there.
One more lives on.
One of twins* for Geary Co. EMS (Junction City, KS). Later sold to Miltonvale, KS; they traded it in to Stratus Specialty Vehicles in Kansas City, MO. That's where I took the first photo in your post. Stratus sold it to a private service in Chattanooga as a public relations vehicle. From there it ended up in FL and then in Nick's hands.

*I have no idea where her sister ended up.

OK here are a few interior shots. since I did not get to take things apart we guessed a lot some of the equipment storage was changed to accommodate the current owner and better use the space. This car would not be a long transporter it's tight back there. the face of the linen cabinet is padded for a reason. the flooring is the coral which was offered in 70 in the Wayne-built coaches. it is a nice match with the green and white interior. broken down the scoop fit under the bench and you can get it out the rear hatch. so rather than crowd up the bench more, we elected to put both sets of hangers in and the backboard under the removable cushion. Tim has the prints made up for the windows and he'll get curtains made at home. we left a few things off that can be added later. and had to do a runaround for the heating system. but you can stay warm in it now. the Olds automatic system is not for the faint of heart to tackle./ I admit without any test equipment or access to replacement parts I waffled on it. the two shops that worked on this car went threw 3 parts cars getting things needed. but 50 + used parts are never the best. now we pass it on the Tim to finish it up. I did put in 7 gallons of gas. I'm betting I can burn it up before the transporter get here.

IMG_0549.JPGIMG_0550.JPGIMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPGIMG_0553.JPG

Back