Emergency Hospital Operating Manual

Swift Current just got rid of our 200 bed Emergency Preparedness Hospital about 10 years ago. Us old dogs did not want to see it go.

Our Provincial government in it's wisdom consolidated all Emergency Preparedness equipment in a warehouse in Regina and it can be loaded and on it's way anywhere in the Province in a few hours.

A test of this process occurred at the onset of the pandemic when Ambulance, Fire, ER staff were low on face masks and told to re-use if possible. It would seem someone at the warehouse threw out all facemasks as they had passed their expiration dates. This was without making sure replacements were present.

I would like some one to explain to me what can go wrong with a facemask in a sealed box in a temperature controlled warehouse.

Tell me this ain't a government outfit..........

It is just like the date on a container of cough medicine. I just finished using up the last of the Nyquil that had an expiration date of 2016. It works up till 2016 so well that I didn't need it until last week when I came down with Covid. Having nothing else I used it and it still worked as well as it did in 2016. I have a new bottle to start tonight, and that one expires sometime in 2024. I hope that I don't need it any more often than the last bottle that I had. If it is fresh food then toss it at the expiration date. If it is a sealed bottle of medicine, toss it or take it at your own risk and peril.
I have no problem using some types of medicine past the expiration date. If your NyQuil looks cloudy, or discolored (from the original color), contains any floating particles, or has an unusual odor do not use the product.

Another great score!!

Not pro car related, but for the Canadian membership that remembers the old Emergency Hospital and EMO stockpiles.

These used to be kept in wooden boxes and could be found in Fire Stations, community centre's and other locations.

View attachment 48802View attachment 48803View attachment 48804
Great find Jean-Marc! I've been in contact with the Director of the Canadian Civil Defence Museaum in Red Deer recently on some material that I have. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you. I'll PM you his information.

Back