Door seals

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
As part of the restoration process, I have to decide what to do about the door seals. The car is very noisy because of the wind noise at highway speed, and I am sure that if I would drive it in the rainwater would come in because the door seals are all dried out.

I guess I have 3 options which are:
  1. Reinstall the door seals as they are when the car gets back from the body shop
  2. Replace the door seals with generic seals
  3. Replace the door seals with reproduction seals
  4. Attempt to rejuvenate the original seals with rubber restorer products.

Thoughts from the group on recommendations for the door seals?

I still have some of the MM weather stripping that was reproduced a number of years ago. I don't know if it's the same profile as what Superior used. Let me know if you need some...I probably have enough for 4 or 5 doors.

I still have some of the MM weather stripping that was reproduced a number of years ago. I don't know if it's the same profile as what Superior used. Let me know if you need some...I probably have enough for 4 or 5 doors.
You truly have some of everything!

I'll get a profile picture in the next few days and post it here.

Steele rubber products has the almost exact replacement for the Superior style seal # 70-0491-73 expensive, but near exact. Last time I priced the product $4.50 per foot.

Now that you have the profile. Shop around. Rubber products have always been expensive. But some one is selling it cheaper then the others. Check the big guns steel rubber, metro then look at places like JC Whinty, Rubber the right way, Fisk, usa parts. Most of these outlets are buying bulkfrom the same source. But are all selling at different prices. You looking at around 100 ft here. A buck a foot would make a lot of difference. ?

Back