Do you see it....

Not Bill's car but our new Holiday Inn sign. Looks good and finally have a sign on the building after waiting 3 years.

BillsHenney029.jpg

Richard....

Seeing the new sign brings back memories of my home town in Indiana. Sometime in the 60's we were blessed when a new Holiday Inn was built. Dad became a friend of the manager and I was allowed to use the pool whenever I could get Mom to drop me off.

He told me that Holiday Inn franchises were supposedly "free" at the time...The owner had to just cough up for the now famous sign out in front??

now that the hotel can be found!

Richard....
That looks like a really great hotel. Now that it has a sign and we could find it wouldn't it make a great place to host a meet :D I hear Cadillac/LaSalle is going to have their meet in St. Petersburg in 2012. Hint, hint!

Richard....
That looks like a really great hotel. Now that it has a sign and we could find it wouldn't it make a great place to host a meet :D I hear Cadillac/LaSalle is going to have their meet in St. Petersburg in 2012. Hint, hint!

You've been talking to Bill. Now Orlando would be a great International Meeting place...... right? Lot's to do there.

Richard....

Seeing the new sign brings back memories of my home town in Indiana. Sometime in the 60's we were blessed when a new Holiday Inn was built. Dad became a friend of the manager and I was allowed to use the pool whenever I could get Mom to drop me off.

He told me that Holiday Inn franchises were supposedly "free" at the time...The owner had to just cough up for the now famous sign out in front??

I understand they were free as Kemmons Wilson (founder) wanted to expand and the idea of a franchise hotel was not going over too well. He came up with the "FREE" idea and look at us today. Over 3300 worldwide and my hotel is ranked at #132 as of last month in customer satisfaction.

Which home town in Indiana because I managed hotels in Scottsburg, Columbus, and Richmond, Indiana.

Which home town in Indiana because I managed hotels in Scottsburg, Columbus, and Richmond, Indiana.[/QUOTE]

Richard I'm proud to say Muncie...aka the home of Ball State University.

Back