Buick Pro Cars

Nice couple articles with photos of Buick Pro and Commercial vehicles in the latest issue of the Buick Bugle (Buick Club of America, Sept 2009). On the cover is 1933 Buick "Funeral Follow Car"?? coach built by Bronkhorst. Included is a short history of Buick pro cars, especially Flxible. Worth finding a copy.

what we need

That's what we need...more Buick pro cars in the club.
Can you tell I have a soft spot for Buicks?
Mike

VERY nice looking cars Daniel!!
and yes Mike, a few more Buicks would be nice!!
I'm glad I have my two '76 Superior Buicks!! combines my interest of clamshell wagons AND hearses!! hope to have the nicer one of the two
inside before winter comes, my barn should be finished by then!!
Dana Bennett.

Recently stumbled across this derelict '42/'47 Flxible outside Corpus Christi.

l_b63a330ca6674f7498acbf2e65721a35.jpg

l_9d2949a8ba4f4232a1843784239ce094.jpg

Reminded me of the '49 Flxible that sat @ Moyer's Wrecking in Crestline, Ohio for decades - so it brought back good memories. :)

Recently stumbled across this derelict '42/'47 Flxible outside Corpus Christi.

l_b63a330ca6674f7498acbf2e65721a35.jpg

l_9d2949a8ba4f4232a1843784239ce094.jpg

Reminded me of the '49 Flxible that sat @ Moyer's Wrecking in Crestline, Ohio for decades - so it brought back good memories. :)

really doesn't look that derelict to me. Paint, chrome, and a new interior, and it would be a really sharp car. It is remarkably straight and rust free, and I would rather fix mechanical/paint/interior items than have to deal with rust issues. With rust, you are always have to worry about where the rust worms are going to migrate to next. If this car is complete, it would be a great restoration project. If it were an ambulance, I would even consider it myself.

We had a '49 Flxible Buick ambulance several years ago. It originally belonged to Ingersall Rand Corp in Philipsburg, NJ. It then went to an FD in Pa at some point in the late Sixties, or early Seventies. Then it sat abandoned until the early Eighties when it was acquired by PCS member Robert Behr who drove it, showed it and lovingly restored it. It made it's restored debut at the PCS Int'l Meet in Lancaster back in '99' After owning it for over twenty years and driving it over 25,000 miles, we became the next owner. When we bought it in 2004, it became my wife's favorite ambulance. It was featured in a display of vintage emergency vehicles at the Northeast Classic Car Museum alongside several other PCS owned ambulances. A year later, when the Buick was returned to us, we decided it was too much to handle and subsequently sold it.
We sold this ambulance to a vintage firetruck collector from the Williamsburg, Va area named Thomas "Flip" Toepke. I have never heard another word about this ambulance since then. It was a dark red and light gray two tone. Has anyone seen it, or heard about it since 2006? Lucille has asked me about it several times. Robert Behr has told me that he wishes he never sold it. So, if anyone has any info, please let me know. We all hope it is in a good home.

Buicks

I remember crossing paths with a '63 Flxette from Kansas several years ago. Was from Chaput-Buey Funeral Home in Concordia, if I remember right.

Based on discussions held at this year's PCS board meeting in Flint, you guys will be happy to know there will soon be a Buick Chapter of the PCS, upon the completion and submission of the proper paperwork.

MARCY's I-R BUICK

Bill: Your I-R BUICK..... was also my favorite ambulance of all time! The fact it was a low mileage "plant ambulance" the I-R colors and accuracy in which it was meticulously restored all rated the maximum on the desirable check list.... it's just that I never won the lottery to make you a offer on it! Hopefully it's resting peacfully in a "climate controlled" weather-proof building with a small staff of caretakers starting it once a month to take it around the block keeping the bearings lubed up as our '73 S&S Ambulance was before we bought it thru the lange Brothers in Canada.

BTW.... My # 2 (Favorite) Plant Ambulance was the '39 to early 40's (all-white) Henney-Packard that won "best of show" at either the Minneapolis or Lancaster Conventiion (can't remember which now) that I believe belonged to a Local Mine brand new. MM

Corpus Christi Buick

I agree with Paul that it would be VERY restorable from what we can yield from the pictures at least. The fender skirts looks like they were either added on or at least painted more recently than the rest of the car. (*) Being and "old fart" that remembers those cars still being used fairly new.... I don't get why nearly all 40's and 50's cars you see at regular car shows now days have rear fender skirts..... maybe more of a low-rider style thing.... because I just don't remember them being driven around that way in the 50's. MM

Mike........ in the 1950's & 1960's you couldn't give those skirts away, so now that all the NOS stashes are being brought out for the younger generation, they think it is cool to have those skirts on the older cars. Who knows, possibly the next thing to make a major comeback are Poodle Skirts!!!!!! :D

Back