Battery Question

James Fischer

PCS Member
Time to replace the battery in my 70 Superior...it is the original Interstate Battery from when I acquired the vehicle in 2013.

I would like to ask which battery brand/type everyone is using,although I am very happy with the longevity of the Interstate I just thought it might be a good time to see what others recommend.

The battery currently used is a Interstate Group 65 850CCA (MTP65).

Thanks everyone in advance !

My Walmart battery has served me well, and so have my Interstate batteries served me well. I use a Genius battery tender on my cars, when they sit over the winter, and there is electrical power in the storage facility. Helps to keep them exercised.

I buy the 5 year range batteries. Get a delco when i can since they are now made ouside the us there price is resinable. It the cold cranking amp you want to go by. Not the color or the name.

Thanks Ed !! So I am assuming 850CCA is good since this battery lasted 8+ years.......I will get another Interstate...my Costco has them for $99.00

Get the highest CCA's battery that you can locate. The Cold Cranking Amp rating is determined by the amount of lead plates that each cell has in it. The more lead or CCA a cell has the more expensive it is, and the longer it will be expected to last.

Back