ambulance ID/need parts?

In my quest for a '57/'58 rear bumper, pictures were forwarded from a yard in South Jersey. If someone needs pieces off this and wants contact info shoot me a PM. So what is it gurus? :)

amb5.jpg

amb5b.jpg

My guess would be a '74 Superior Cadillac 54" ambulance.

OK, I found a photo of it *before* the wreck, when it was obviously collector-owned and shown at an unknown PCS meet. I got this photo from somewhere else, so I don't know what meet and don't know who owned it at the time. But it was in good shape and cared for....before the wreck. Shame......

(That's John Kutsch's '75 Superior next to it in the meet photo, before John bought it, so it would have been owned by Pete Graves at the time. It's from a meet I wasn't at, my guess would be Marietta, OH, '91 or Chatham, ON, '93. I don't know if that gives anyone a hint to know where the photo was from. Blossburg is in PA.)

Attachments

• 74SupCad 54.jpg
    74SupCad 54.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 120
What a nice looking ambulance in it's day. The Fire Dept. I work for had a 1974 Cadillac Superior 54 just like this only in all white. I have been asking some of the retirees where it went but with no luck. I have several old photos of the car but no other leads.

It is tragic to see it have gone from such a beautiful car to its present state.
I guess even restored cars are never totally safe from this end.

simple front end hit. then the car is left to go back to nature. 1500 will get you a nice used clip and you could have that one back on the road. but now 1500 will get you a whole 75 fleetwood you could have a lot of parts.

Hella impressive Steve! Figured it wouldn't take long to ID but provide an older picture?!? Wow.

All PMs have been replied to. Guess I should have been more clear: This ambulance is in the background of (huge) '58 MM rear bumper pics emailed. Unfortunately said bumper is pretty trashed - so I still need one. The ambulance is 1800 miles from me. Having neglected to ask the owner about making his number public, I opted not to. Those that asked received. Good luck parts chasing and let us know how you make out! ;)

Steve,

We saw this ambulance at the 1991 PCS International Meet in Marietta, OH. It was brought there - along with what is now John K.'s '75 Superior - by Pete and Jan Grave. I think I have a photo of this '74 (and I'm sure you do too) on the back lawn of the hotel in Marietta.

I wonder why it wasn't repaired when the front end collision happened. Seems that would have been a less expensive way to do this, than pay off a total loss and sell it for scrap. It might still be worthwhile to repair, if the interior isn't trashed from the door being left open for who knows how many years. Today, with the rising values of ambulances, they all should be saved, whenever possible..

I wonder why it wasn't repaired when the front end collision happened. Seems that would have been a less expensive way to do this, than pay off a total loss and sell it for scrap. It might still be worthwhile to repair, if the interior isn't trashed from the door being left open for who knows how many years. Today, with the rising values of ambulances, they all should be saved, whenever possible..

Terri and I will be in New Jersey middle of Dec and if this place is close, we're going up a day early to check it out.

Terri and I will be in New Jersey middle of Dec and if this place is close, we're going up a day early to check it out.

Richard...You must have one Heck of a Lady there. I graciously spent over three hours this morning chauffering my bride through our Sun City estate sales and since we were close I commented we'd slide by the Dealership we bought both our vehicles from to say Hi in person to our salesman...:mad: Not!!!

"But Honey's" didn't work either.:rolleyes:

I wonder why it wasn't repaired when the front end collision happened. Seems that would have been a less expensive way to do this, than pay off a total loss and sell it for scrap...
...It was brought there - along with what is now John K.'s '75 Superior - by Pete and Jan Grave...
I figured it may have been Pete's. And that would be why it wasn't repaired. Pete had/has many ambulances in his junkyard. While I didn't see this car when I was at his yard a few years ago, there were many others left in various states of decay, that were very nice when he got them. It probably wasn't worth his interest to repair it. :( So it has obviously joined the junkyard fleet somewhere (though Pete's yard is in PA, near the NJ border).
...I think I have a photo of this '74 (and I'm sure you do too) on the back lawn of the hotel in Marietta.
I wasn't at the Marietta meet so I don't have a photo of it there.

Back