A note about Hacked eMail accounts

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Should you get an email from Steve Loftin, with the subject "a note from Steve Loftin", do not click on the link, and immediately delete the message. It is a virus in the link. When I got the message today, I was familiar with this type of email, and I deleted it. I also contacted Steve and advised him that his email was hacked, and to change his password. It can happen to anyone of us.

I have changed the title of this thread to keep everyone updated on what emails have been hacked, and to watch out for. The latest one is Stephen Lichtman.........the message reads........

On Tuesday, April 06, 2021 11:39 AM, Stephen Lichtman wrote:
I guess you would agree I should have sent this image to you sooner.. HTTP//www. xxxxxxx

These scammers have now targeted both me and the PCS. DO NOT HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH THE SCAMMERS. Below is the latest message being sent out..........

Are you available to assist? I am out of the State now and I've got credence in you to take care of this.I would have called your phone but I presently do not have access to my mobile phone.

The Professional Car Society needs some gift cards for donation to Veterans at Hospice and Palliative care units for preventive items from Corona Virus( COVID 19). I have decided to make it a personal duty. I will be responsible for the reimbursement.

Paul Steinberg
President

Back