A new aquisition

The trick to getting the water pump bypass hose on is to use a water-soluble product on the inside of the hose as a lubricant. In the old days, we would just spit into each end and move the spit around with a finger. If you want to be more sanitary use a dab of Johnson & Johnson KY jelly and spread it with your pinkie. Just remember to put the hose clamps on before you have both ends connected. To get the old one off, use a razor knife and cut along the length of the hose starting at the end of the hose where it goes onto the engine. Once it is cut, use a flat blade screwdriver to peel it off of the nipple. Using a scotch bright pad, clean any corrosion off of the nipples before replacing the hose. The only problem that I can see you running into is how to tighten the screw on the hose clamp if there is some other accessory that prevents you from having access to it.

The trick to getting the water pump bypass hose on is to use a water-soluble product on the inside of the hose as a lubricant. In the old days, we would just spit into each end and move the spit around with a finger. If you want to be more sanitary use a dab of Johnson & Johnson KY jelly and spread it with your pinkie. Just remember to put the hose clamps on before you have both ends connected. To get the old one off, use a razor knife and cut along the length of the hose starting at the end of the hose where it goes onto the engine. Once it is cut, use a flat blade screwdriver to peel it off of the nipple. Using a scotch bright pad, clean any corrosion off of the nipples before replacing the hose. The only problem that I can see you running into is how to tighten the screw on the hose clamp if there is some other accessory that prevents you from having access to it.
I gave up after 3 hours. My neighbor across the street who is a retired truck driver & truck mechanic came over & he got it on in 3 minutes. And YES, i did use KY on the inside of the hose

Back