A Half Decade Later

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
So after being trapped in a excuse factory of why it wasn't done yet then towed to a new mechanic and in the shop there nearly four months, the 75 is finally home. It's imprisonment at the first garage became a mice infestation, mildew and general crud. Today's first order of business was to remove all the hardware and a complete vacuuming of every square inch including inside cabinetry. Tomorrow it will be a exterior wash from sitting inside the dusty garage and then outside for a few months at the new place. Each day will be a new project that may take all winter, but she's home.IMG_3342.jpgIMG_3343.jpg

You to have got trapped in the, we are going to get to it tomorrow cage. I would go get it but no room to put it inside. Then I've got got other commitments the I need to finish to. I would like to understand how a thing like Covet could throw such a monkey wrench in to the country.

So today I washed the initial crud of five years of sitting in a repair shop doing nothing but serving as a mouse house and then sitting outside at the next place. After two dips in the soap water it turned black, but that initial wash brought the shine back. Tomorrow I will work on the interior for initial crud thereIMG_3346.jpgIMG_3345.jpg

Took it in to get the left turn signal fixed. While there the starter went out, the mechanic was busy, then he was busy partying, then a bunch of other stuff got tore apart for reasons unknown, then he got sick with three years of different things going wrong with him and it was always it was going to be ready soon, then he got sicker. Then he was selling the shop and as it turns out he was selling it to a guy that I had arrested several times and it was time to move it out of there.
The new mechanics only work on vintage cars. There are three of them and they are always backed up. They got her running again and it will go back in the spring to fix the electrical damage caused by the mice from the last shop and...............fix that left turn signal that never got fixed.

Took it in to get the left turn signal fixed. While there the starter went out, the mechanic was busy, then he was busy partying, then a bunch of other stuff got tore apart for reasons unknown, then he got sick with three years of different things going wrong with him and it was always it was going to be ready soon, then he got sicker. Then he was selling the shop and as it turns out he was selling it to a guy that I had arrested several times and it was time to move it out of there.
The new mechanics only work on vintage cars. There are three of them and they are always backed up. They got her running again and it will go back in the spring to fix the electrical damage caused by the mice from the last shop and...............fix that left turn signal that never got fixed.
youre more patient than I would be. After 2 months I would have pulled it out

Well the silver lining is that the car is cleaning up very well and may end up better than it was before. The new mechanics are great, they have told me a lot of things to make the car run better, they check everything and they only work on old cars like mine. They figured out the tunnel light problem on the Lifeliner and fixed it. I washed the car the other day and it looked a lot better but now on that what appeared clean car I am doing a clay bar on and it is looking better than ever. The interior wash down yesterday with bleach and dawn eliminated the urine odor but I am still going to go over it again. It's like falling in love all over again.

Back